What's New:

2016 Dart SE
Rallye Appearance Package
• 17-inch Granite Crystal Wheels
• Black Crosshair Grille
• Dark Grille Surround and Bumper
• Black Headlamp Bezels

2016 Dart SXT
New Optional GT Performance Hood when ordered with Rallye or Blacktop (late availability)
New 18-inch Gloss Black Wheel on Blacktop (late availability)
New TorRed and Go Mango exterior paints on Rallye and Blacktop (late availability)

2016 Dart GT
New GT Performance Hood (image below)
18-inch Hyper Black Wheel now standard (no charge, $395 value)
New Blacktop Package with 18-inch Gloss Black Wheel (late availability)
New TorRed and Go Mango exterior paints (late availability)

NEW EXTERIOR COLORS
TorRed
Go Mango

-RS

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
I really hope its the vented option, or I've been waiting all this time for nothing lol

#5 ·
"The 2016 Dodge Dart will get completely new front and rear bumpers. I have heard the front end of the Poison Dart will be very similar to that of the high performance SRT model that will be offered. The rear fascia will be styled towards the new Charger and will feature Chrysler's solid LED look for the new racetrack tail lamps. Hurricane engines and 9-speed automatics are for sure a go as well as a new 6-speed manual offering. AWD will be offered on the SRT model but not on the regular lineup. They still do not want the Dart and 200 to cross paths in the showroom with offering an AWD model for their everyday models. Completely revised interior. Its going to be a lot more drastic than the 2001-2014 Charger interior compared to the 2015 Charger. All new wheel designs. GT model might be discontinued for the R/T model to align the models to the other Dodge lineup. Aero model might be dropped as well for an SE with a Hurricane 2.0 9-speed automatic with active grille shutters."

#6 ·
Oh my god!...they're bringing Go Mango to the Dart! I love this color! Its about time they did a metallic orange on the Dart.

#15 ·
Rallye looks a ton better anyway, I think it should be the standard option

#21 ·
A feature a large portion of this community have been waiting for lol

Reactions: suzq044
#39 · (Edited)
@Rickbee -

The OP ("ResumeSpeed") is a very reliable source of information (i.e., his posts on this forum have always been accurate).

So Yes ...

... the MY16 (2016 model year) Dodge Dart GTs will have the "GT Performance Hood" and will come standard with the 18" Hyper-Black 5-spoke wheels.

... CJDR dealerships were able to start placing orders for MY16 Dodge Darts on May 14th.

... With production of MY16 Dodge Darts beginning on July 20th, I'd guess you won't see them arriving at the CJDR dealerships until the first or second week of August.

I'm not really understanding how knowing this info will help you save $$$ and/or allow you to make a better deal on a (MY15) Dodge Dart GT that you already bought ... ???

I can pretty much guarantee you that your dealership won't give you the same "deal" on a MY16 GT that you negotiated for the MY15 GT ... 'cuz they are trying to move old inventory off their lot to make room for the MY16 Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & RAM vehicles.

I also wouldn't count on MOPAR releasing that hood as an aftermarket part ... They have a track record of not supporting the Dart community ... and the few Dart parts they have made available, have been a bit too pricey for the "average" Dart owner.

NOTE: The 18" Hyper-Black and Gloss-Black wheels are already available ... but again aren't cheap.

That all stated, stranger things have happened ... and I've been wrong before ... So best of luck to you!

#41 ·
I'm not really understanding how knowing this info will help you save $$$ and/or allow you to make a better deal on a (MY15) Dodge Dart GT that you already bought ... ???
not talking down i am very thankful for the info and it is hard to convene a tone via text but I just felt it is my duty to give you a reason. In the state of MD I can ask the dealer to give me a buy back and i have not paid for the vehicle only put 500 down for them to do an order after I had spoken with them stating that i was only ordering this vehicle if they could 1. guarantee that the 16 model was not getting a change that i would be interested in and 2. If it was going to be a six month thing for it's release. The buy back i had linked in my comment before is a mutual thing that we have to agree with and atm the only thing i am losing is 500 dollars so i can still just walk away and wait.

#40 ·
I'm still hopeful the hood will be available...I mean why wouldn't we be able to just go to the parts department and source the info and order it from there? I've never had issues getting parts from them before for VIN numbers that were different from mine.

#43 ·
Wanted to build Dart for my wife, wanted to get gt hood... don't see it... also they pretty much got rid of 1.4 which is sucks, hopefully for 2017 they will bring new turbo motor...
probably have to stick with Civic Si for my wife

#49 ·
If it's not the vented hood then what are these pictures that are circulating of the vented hood version? They may not be functional initially but that is indeed the model I was hoping they would make.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.