Dodge Dart Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not really understanding how knowing this info will help you save $$$ and/or allow you to make a better deal on a (MY15) Dodge Dart GT that you already bought ... ???
not talking down i am very thankful for the info and it is hard to convene a tone via text but I just felt it is my duty to give you a reason. In the state of MD I can ask the dealer to give me a buy back and i have not paid for the vehicle only put 500 down for them to do an order after I had spoken with them stating that i was only ordering this vehicle if they could 1. guarantee that the 16 model was not getting a change that i would be interested in and 2. If it was going to be a six month thing for it's release. The buy back i had linked in my comment before is a mutual thing that we have to agree with and atm the only thing i am losing is 500 dollars so i can still just walk away and wait.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Wanted to build Dart for my wife, wanted to get gt hood... don't see it... also they pretty much got rid of 1.4 which is sucks, hopefully for 2017 they will bring new turbo motor...
probably have to stick with Civic Si for my wife

·
Registered
381 Posts
Wanted to build Dart for my wife, wanted to get gt hood... don't see it... also they pretty much got rid of 1.4 which is sucks, hopefully for 2017 they will bring new turbo motor...
probably have to stick with Civic Si for my wife
what's wrong with a Civic Si?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I really hope its the vented option, or I've been waiting all this time for nothing lol
According to FCA, it's not vented :( All the looks we want with none of the function.

·
Registered
411 Posts
According to FCA, it's not vented :( All the looks we want with none of the function.
This is disappointing. Looks super badass though, might actually consider that...

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
If it's not the vented hood then what are these pictures that are circulating of the vented hood version? They may not be functional initially but that is indeed the model I was hoping they would make.

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I saw it on the FCA Corporate Instagram page a few weeks ago. View attachment 52817
Looks like you can just pop the panels out though, at worst you'd have to fashion up your own custom inserts, but I have a feeling a kit will come out either from mopar or aftermarket to make them functional.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Non functional? FCA with another middle finger to the dart owners? You guys without turbos might not think of this as a big deal, but I want to remove as much heat from under the hood as possible. Sad news for 1.4T.

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
Non functional? FCA with another middle finger to the dart owners? You guys without turbos might not think of this as a big deal, but I want to remove as much heat from under the hood as possible. Sad news for 1.4T.
nope. I want as cool/"low temp" of an engine bay as well... if they do come out with the hood, and it is not functional, but you can pop the inserts out, I'm all for it... I for one am not afraid of some custom fab work, especially for a functional heat extractor hood :)

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
nope. I want as cool/"low temp" of an engine bay as well... if they do come out with the hood, and it is not functional, but you can pop the inserts out, I'm all for it... I for one am not afraid of some custom fab work, especially for a functional heat extractor hood :)
i understand you might be able to pop inserts out or do some modding and spend even more money on top of the $600 you just spent, lol... but whose to say that the vent holes are in the right place to start with??? id be interested in a review of this hood design to learn if the airflow makes any sense at all, from a cooling.

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
i understand you might be able to pop inserts out or do some modding and spend even more money on top of the $600 you just spent, lol... but whose to say that the vent holes are in the right place to start with??? id be interested in a review of this hood design to learn if the airflow makes any sense at all, from a cooling.
they are in the right place, they are exactly where you would want a heat extractor hood to begin with. I'm sure the engineers behind this made it functional, but the bean counters said "NO, don't make it functional at first... say it is non functional and them come out with a pop in insert down the the road for more $$$." It's the same design on the functional hood for the non-existent "scat pack" version of the Dart... All will be good @pkgmsu2000 ya just gotta believe :)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Figured I would see if anything was updated on our end with this and sure enough the 16's are listed in our catalog and so is a "Sport Appearance Hood" part # 68271554AA

The MSRP is 1,000.00 as per FCA at this time but this may change. The hoods are not available to order form FCA just yet but we will watch this closely.

We will followup with details and possible group buy options once we are able to place orders

-Benny
This quote by benny makes me believe the hood is gonna be a hell of alot more expensive then we are hoping.

·
Registered
87 Posts
This quote by benny makes me believe the hood is gonna be a hell of alot more expensive then we are hoping.
However, if you type in the part number to his site, it shows as discounted by 32%, for a grand total of $678.00. Still, a lot of money for a non-functioning hood. And, subject to change.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
However, if you type in the part number to his site, it shows as discounted by 32%, for a grand total of $678.00. Still, a lot of money for a non-functioning hood. And, subject to change.
I would rather apply that discount to the lower priced version lol :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would rather apply that discount to the lower priced version lol :D
True. Let's assume that Insta post is accurate, and say the MSRP is set at $495. Given Benny's customary 15% (as an average) savings, one could hope to pay only $420 for it.

One could hope...

41 - 60 of 84 Posts