Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Oh great. Just another new option to make it look even faster than it's not.
A feature a large portion of this community have been waiting for lol

·
Banned
2,521 Posts
Oh great. Just another new option to make it look even faster than it's not.
Oh well...its not supposed to be a fast car. If you want one, then go buy one.

·
Banned
2,521 Posts
sooo they are pushing back the real performance darts till? looks like ST for me afterall.
Why can't anyone grasp that in the 2017 model year there will be big changes coming to the Dart and 2017 model year happens in 2016? Is it really that hard to understand??? Nothing was ever supposed to happen in the 2016 model year.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Why can't anyone grasp that in the 2017 model year there will be big changes coming to the Dart and 2017 model year happens in 2016? Is it really that hard to understand??? Nothing was ever supposed to happen in the 2016 model year.
You'd think that people who are into cars would understand the difference between model year and calendar year, and be able to tell which is which based on context, especially since it's probably been this way for longer than most people have been alive. My 12-year-old daughter gets it. Even my "cars should be cheap and practical and who cares about fun" wife understands this. Legally, in the United States, a car maker can declare a vehicle of a certain model year as of January 2nd of the previous year. For example, if they really wanted to, Dodge could roll out the 2017 Dart on January 2, 2016. This isn't going to happen, but as I recall, the 2013 Dart was available as early as May 2012 (it was extended model year, since the 2014s went on sale in October 2013, which is typical). Basically, model years are indeed weird, but it's been this way longer than most people have been alive, and everybody should really already understand this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a 2015 gt and am about to take ownership of it any day now sitting here hugging my phone but the question i have is do we know for sure the gt is getting the new hood and black wheels cause it would save me some money and i can make a deal with the dealer.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
I bought a 2015 gt and am about to take ownership of it any day now sitting here hugging my phone but the question i have is do we know for sure the gt is getting the new hood and black wheels cause it would save me some money and i can make a deal with the dealer.
Def tell the dealer you want a discount. The dealer won't know any better. Stand your ground.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
@Rickbee -

The OP ("ResumeSpeed") is a very reliable source of information (i.e., his posts on this forum have always been accurate).

So Yes ...

... the MY16 (2016 model year) Dodge Dart GTs will have the "GT Performance Hood" and will come standard with the 18" Hyper-Black 5-spoke wheels.

... CJDR dealerships were able to start placing orders for MY16 Dodge Darts on May 14th.

... With production of MY16 Dodge Darts beginning on July 20th, I'd guess you won't see them arriving at the CJDR dealerships until the first or second week of August.

I'm not really understanding how knowing this info will help you save $$$ and/or allow you to make a better deal on a (MY15) Dodge Dart GT that you already bought ... ???

I can pretty much guarantee you that your dealership won't give you the same "deal" on a MY16 GT that you negotiated for the MY15 GT ... 'cuz they are trying to move old inventory off their lot to make room for the MY16 Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & RAM vehicles.

I also wouldn't count on MOPAR releasing that hood as an aftermarket part ... They have a track record of not supporting the Dart community ... and the few Dart parts they have made available, have been a bit too pricey for the "average" Dart owner.

NOTE: The 18" Hyper-Black and Gloss-Black wheels are already available ... but again aren't cheap.

That all stated, stranger things have happened ... and I've been wrong before ... So best of luck to you!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I'm still hopeful the hood will be available...I mean why wouldn't we be able to just go to the parts department and source the info and order it from there? I've never had issues getting parts from them before for VIN numbers that were different from mine.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts