Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping some one could help, after changing battery the below happened burning through the plastic cover as you can see the 200 fuse is lightly melted. I found the issue due to battery light staying on once turning car on. I am thinking these are some issues they could be because I am assuming battery terminal “fuse box” was not on right because after removing the fuse box and pushing father down I was able to tighten some of the bolts some more. I will be changing the 200 fuse since it’s melted. Also see the bolt circled in red won’t tighten I noticed a little black piece from under the bolt broke off fell inside won’t be able to find now. How could tighten that?
Side note, I did take it to AZ to get tested and Starter. Alternator, Passed.

Gas Electrical wiring Auto part Engineering Machine

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,995 Posts
That broken piece is necessary to tighten the cable terminal. You can find them at a self serve junkyard. I have those if you want for the price of shipping. Start a conversation if interested. (Click your avatar upper right)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hoping some one could help, after changing battery the below happened burning through the plastic cover as you can see the 200 fuse is lightly melted. I found the issue due to battery light staying on once turning car on. I am thinking these are some issues they could be because I am assuming battery terminal “fuse box” was not on right because after removing the fuse box and pushing father down I was able to tighten some of the bolts some more. I will be changing the 200 fuse since it’s melted. Also see the bolt circled in red won’t tighten I noticed a little black piece from under the bolt broke off fell inside won’t be able to find now. How could tighten that?
Side note, I did take it to AZ to get tested and Starter. Alternator, Passed.

View attachment 129810
I had a similar thing happen. That whole plastic distribution box/cover around mine was burning and melting. But that 200 amp fuse never burned up like it was supposed to. I had used remote start and when I went outside I thought a neighbor was burning trash. Got in the car and realized it smelled worse in there.

Took it to my mechanic and they said the regulator in the alternator went. So it was throwing full charging power at the battery and that fuse. I would be weary of it. I worry had I not opened the hood to check that it would have caught on fire while driving.

I also have a friend with a Honda pilot, same thing happened to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts