Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 dart sxt caught on fire. I walked in the house, was there 20 min walked out and care was totally on fire. Car had 70k miles gets all service done when recommended. Nothing was wrong with the car, no check engine light, no smoking, no overheating. Im shocked. Is this normal for these?
It caught so fast.

·
Premium Member
6,295 Posts
I can't find it, but there's a post from a few years back listing all the known Dodge Dart fire incidents. There have been a few Darts that have mysteriously caught fire like yours, parked and not in use, with no previous problems at all, and others that started burning while in use. It's not "normal", but beyond that it's just speculation. Even in the cases where car fires are investigated, identifying the exact cause is rarely possible. The evidence is usually destroyed. Sorry this happened to you, and hopefully your insurance doesn't give you too many hassles.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience. There was an apparent issue with the OEM batteries possibly causing fires although it hasn't been proven. Like jsblanch said the evidence usually goes up in smoke as well, and since so many things can cause car fires these days neither the car manufacturers nor the insurance companies seem too concerned with rooting out the causes anymore. Hopefully your insurance company won't give you any crap about it. If they do, get tough and threaten legal action.

BTW here is the thread jsblanch referenced: Dodge Dart - Under-hood Fire Awareness Thread

·
Registered
10 Posts
2016 Dart SE RALLYE 2.0L Auto
no issues yet other than casings on wires start fraying from hot temps from those engines, and exposing wires. so ive been going through it all with a fine tooth comb trying to be prevent these things. these car like to have electrical issues,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tried LEDs but without proper projectors wasn't worth it. I'll update at some point maybe. Haven't touched radio or anything.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart SE Rallye 2.0L
1 Posts
Mines a 15 SE Rallye and I have had any issues mine had 145k I thought mine was the highest mileage one out there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts