Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing up a wrecked 2015 dart for a 2nd car. it is damaged in the front. does anyone know what i have to do when i remove the radiator and transmission cooler? I believe ill loose some fluid and don't know how to replace it and check it. It looks to be a real neat little car.
Thanks
James

·
Super Moderator
3,808 Posts
Which engine, which trans?
Drain the coolant. Remove the radiator hoses, trans cooler lines. Has the refrigerant leaked out? If not, it should be evacuated. Remove the fan. Remove the isolator bolts from the uppeer core support and lift out the radiator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which engine, which trans?
Drain the coolant. Remove the radiator hoses, trans cooler lines. Has the refrigerant leaked out? If not, it should be evacuated. Remove the fan. Remove the isolator bolts from the uppeer core support and lift out the radiator.
i was able to replace the radiator support and radiator and reuse the transmission cooler without breaking open the system. I did have to replace the AC coil. Has anyone replaced the new refrigerant with 134a? if so how many ounces?

·
Super Moderator
3,808 Posts
You need special adapters to use R134a. Use a gauge set and fill until you get about 250 on the high side. If you do some googling, many have done it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, i got some adapters from Amazon for about $25. Ill try it when i put the rest of the car together. I bought a parts car so ill have alot of parts left over.

·
Super Moderator
3,808 Posts
Since your system was open, make sure to vacuum it over night to get out any trace of moisture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts