Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everybody! I didn’t want it to come to creating a forum post but I simply can’t figure this out. I bought my dart in April of this year and after purchasing I found out that the horn didn’t work. All of the other controls on the steering column work just fine (cruise control and radio controls) but when I press on the horn, nothing. So that’s making me think it isn’t a clock spring issue even though the airbag light is on. The horn chirps fine when I lock the car or set off the alarm. Any ideas or advice would be great thank you!

·
Super Moderator
4,600 Posts
The horn chirping when you lock the car is controlled by the BCM. Replace the clockspring. The air bag will not deploy in an accident if the light is on. Search your local self serve or you pull junkyards for a Dart that did not deploy the airbags.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If your horn isn't working then go to the backup horn.....the middle finger!!!!

;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The horn chirping when you lock the car is controlled by the BCM. Replace the clockspring. The air bag will not deploy in an accident if the light is on. Search your local self serve or you pull junkyards for a Dart that did not deploy the airbags.
Got any links to a reliable place to fine one?

·
Super Moderator
4,600 Posts
Use this site to search:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts