Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the site for information on my battery size. I was going to go to walmart for an everstart battery. I searched the site and all I found was a larger battery is 48 and a smaller one is 47
I don't know which one I have. Thanks

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Pretty sure the newer Darts use H5 47.

·
Super Moderator
4,567 Posts
Pretty sure the newer Darts use H5 47.
The one I put in my 15 was an H5 AGM battery. I did need to remove some of the blocks that hold it in because it was a bigger battery, but it still fit in there. My sister is replacing hers, and it says H6 will also fit on all the parts sites I see.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I searched the site for information on my battery size. I was going to go to walmart for an everstart battery. I searched the site and all I found was a larger battery is 48 and a smaller one is 47
I don't know which one I have. Thanks

If you have a large battery(48) it will fill up the battery tray completely. If you have a smaller version(47) it will have a plastic spacer on the left and right side of the battery tray. That is the easiest way to tell which size you need. Both batteries will fit in any Dart, the only difference is the battery blanket is designed for that specific size. I accidentally bought the larger size and my blanket wouldn't fit over the battery.

·
Super Moderator
4,567 Posts
If you have a large battery(48) it will fill up the battery tray completely. If you have a smaller version(47) it will have a plastic spacer on the left and right side of the battery tray. That is the easiest way to tell which size you need. Both batteries will fit in any Dart, the only difference is the battery blanket is designed for that specific size. I accidentally bought the larger size and my blanket wouldn't fit over the battery.
Yeah same here. I tried to make it fit but it wasn't happening lol Have not had an issue without it since my new battery is like double the CCAs and just overall a better battery.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Killraven’s right about the spacer. Mine’s a ‘14SXT and came with a small battery. Bought what I believed to be the right replacement (flooded) from Sam’s. It was Duracell made by East Penn which I’d used successfully before in other cars. Got it home, had a small wire attached. Double checked Sam’s index, it called for this battery. I live in PA and called East Penn. Took a while to get someone on the phone but they had a fit that Sam’s had their battery listed for that car. It should have been an AGM which they didn’t make. Back to Sam’s, returned the battery. Went to Batteries Plus Bulbs as they were the only one with coupons that was under $250.00. I paid $212.00. As for the battery wrap, I made one cut top to bottom on a corner and it fits pretty well. BTW, I appreciate the answers and insight from Killraven and Alpingreenneon. Thanks to you and everyone else.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put in a walmart H5 battery it fit perfect was able to put the heat shield back on it was an easy fix did it in the dark with a light took about ten minutes. Had the new battery in the trunk took the old battery out couldn't get the trunk open had to hook up the old battery pop the trunk and then put the new battery in. silly me

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
You are thinking of the thread where an extra ground cable is added. When the engine is running, you are mainly using the alternator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts