Dodge Dart Forum banner

2015 SXT 2.4 6 speed problem

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  doe242400 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 SXT with the 2.4 tigershark. On the way into work today I went to shift into 3rd gear and realized it wouldn't go into gear. It was the same for reverse, 1st, and 5th gear. I still could use 2nd, 4th, and 6th gear and was able to get it to work and then back home. I am guessing it has something to do with the linkage but I am unsure what specific problem areas to look at. Would anyone have any suggestions as to what specifically I should look for?

#4 ·
It's a cheap rubber bushing or some material that wears away. These are known to go bad, however, you said you have a 15 but from I have seen, most 15s have the new upgraded part. The 13-14s used this big rubber bushing as seen in #2 of the pic I believe above. I have a 15, but it was an earlyyyy 15. I ordered it in December of 14 and got in in December and I have a new shifter cable that does not use this busihing. Instead is looks to be all metal. So first I would check your engine bay and inspect that bushing. If you indeed have a large one, and it looks ripped up, you have the old one. You can see what that looks like on https://www.deyemeracing.com/Shop_Products.aspx in the 2015 Dart - Engine and Transmission section. Just keep scrolling down past the clutches.

The blue one is what the old bushing looks like. Easy and cheap replacement. The one that is in my car from the factory looks more like the MTX Shift Control Rod. No bushing, the link joints are locked like his.

If you have the one like mine, it might be another issue. So take a look for us and let us know! If it is the older bushing, you can buy the one at the link provided to replace it, or you can even upgrade to the MTX Shift Control rod. :)

#5 ·
It's a cheap rubber bushing or some material that wears away. These are known to go bad, however, you said you have a 15 but from I have seen, most 15s have the new upgraded part. The 13-14s used this big rubber bushing as seen in #2 of the pic I believe above. I have a 15, but it was an earlyyyy 15. I ordered it in December of 14 and got in in December and I have a new shifter cable that does not use this busihing. Instead is looks to be all metal. So first I would check your engine bay and inspect that bushing. If you indeed have a large one, and it looks ripped up, you have the old one. You can see what that looks like on https://www.deyemeracing.com/Shop_Products.aspx in the 2015 Dart - Engine and Transmission section. Just keep scrolling down past the clutches.

View attachment 124780

The blue one is what the old bushing looks like. Easy and cheap replacement. The one that is in my car from the factory looks more like the MTX Shift Control Rod. No bushing, the link joints are locked like his.

If you have the one like mine, it might be another issue. So take a look for us and let us know! If it is the older bushing, you can buy the one at the link provided to replace it, or you can even upgrade to the MTX Shift Control rod. :)
Thanks everyone, so upon further inspection yes I have the new shifter cable and everything seemed to be in working order. I started digging around a little trying to see if anything seemed loose and to my surprise I pulled a walnut out of the area on top of the tranny that would have allowed me to shift into the gears in the upward position. Apparently a squirrel or some other animal decided to hide a snack for later inside my car. Thanks for the help!!

#7 ·
Thanks everyone, so upon further inspection yes I have the new shifter cable and everything seemed to be in working order. I started digging around a little trying to see if anything seemed loose and to my surprise I pulled a walnut out of the area on top of the tranny that would have allowed me to shift into the gears in the upward position. Apparently a squirrel or some other animal decided to hide a snack for later inside my car. Thanks for the help!!
Glad that was all it was!

#8 ·
I have a 2015 SXT with the 2.4 tigershark. On the way into work today I went to shift into 3rd gear and realized it wouldn't go into gear. It was the same for reverse, 1st, and 5th gear. I still could use 2nd, 4th, and 6th gear and was able to get it to work and then back home. I am guessing it has something to do with the linkage but I am unsure what specific problem areas to look at. Would anyone have any suggestions as to what specifically I should look for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.