Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When starting the car the radio which is the base non-display screen radio will not turn on...
In previous months I was able to disconnect a battery terminal reseting the car/radio... but in the last 7 months to no avail...

Sometimes hiting the eject CD button would allow me to listen to the radio until I removed the key again, but like I said its 15% of the time if that... works when it want to

Dealer wants me to buy another radio, but with it working sometimes I believe its not just the unit.
Any suggestions would be of great assitance.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Get one cheap at a self serve junkyard and install it yourself. It's not difficult. Make sure you check if they have a Dart in the yards inventory before you go. For the blinking odometer, it may or may not be related. It usually means you need a PROXI configuration. Get alfaOBD. There may be codes that alfa will find.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You could also pull the unit out of the dash and check the wiring. Sometimes just removing the plug/s and plugging it/them back in can make everyone happy again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When starting the car the radio which is the base non-display screen radio will not turn on...
In previous months I was able to disconnect a battery terminal reseting the car/radio... but in the last 7 months to no avail...

Sometimes hiting the eject CD button would allow me to listen to the radio until I removed the key again, but like I said its 15% of the time if that... works when it want to

Dealer wants me to buy another radio, but with it working sometimes I believe its not just the unit.
Any suggestions would be of great assitance.
I am having the same issue with mine (2013 Aero). My plan is to replace and install a double din 10" Android Head Unit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its working more as the temperature is dropping outside... Gonna try to remove and reinstall the same unit and see if its a connection issue... I did have some front end accident damage maybe loosining something...

@POGO97 do you have a part # that may work for the install?

@alpinegreenneon Gonna look into the ALFAobd ... know anywhere to get it for cheap... ik I can google but sugguestions are welcome...

Thanks to all who responded..

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
@alpinegreenneon Gonna look into the ALFAobd ... know anywhere to get it for cheap... ik I can google but suggestions are welcome.

Thanks to all who responded..
Best way to get alfaOBD is from the android PlayStore. The OBDLinkMX bluetooth scanner can be purchased online directly form the manufacturer or from eBay or Amazon. Find the best price and go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts