Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So okay I'm having some serious problems with my dart it'll turn off randomly especially when I reach higher speeds and automatically turn back on sometimes when it turns back on my traction control will be stuck on, my check engine light is on as well,my entire middle console isnt working either, I took it too the mechanic and they couldn't find any problems with it other than having a hub loose, my TPS sensor are all messed up too and I'm completely lost any help at all would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Intermittent things like you described are almost always wiring. Any fault codes? If so please post the numbers.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
2.4s can have oil consumption problems and if your oil gets too low the MutiAir is starved for oil and shuts it down.

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
No fault codes at all and I've had the alternator and battery tested
If CEL is on there should be some sort of fault codes. Go to an auto store and have them scan it and tell you what the CEL is. That would be the first step in figuring out your issue.

Additionally, your TPM are probably not working or not installed in the tires. If you bought the car used and it was like this, then there are no TPM probably. If they did work and now they all don't work, then there is an issue with the module that monitors them. That is in the rear deck lid behind the back seats and between them and the rear glass.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it scanned at a couple of different stores all of them said there wasn't a error code at all and thank you for your help I'll check the monitor Tomorrow

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Consider getting the alfaOBD android app and the OBDLinkMX bluetooth scanner. It is able to read all the modules on a Dart that a lot of parts store scanners miss. It will also let you disable TPMS. Just go old school and check tire pressures once a month with a tire pressure gauge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts