Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know or has heard of an issue where the trunk will pop open randomly without pressing the interior, key fob, or exterior release buttons? My car does this pretty frequently. Could it be my keyfob because I can't think of any other reason why it is doing this. Thank you.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had this issue a while back. What I determined it to be, in my case as it would only happen certain times, was junk (or road salt) getting on/into the trunk release button on the trunk itself. So now, even in the winter, I keep it clean and squirt some water on it and it's been fine ever since.

Also, the wiring on the trunk chafes as it's on the hinge and the way it's secured. I'd make sure no wires are exposed there,

·
Administrator
6,121 Posts
It's the latch or the wiring to the latch. Search, lots of posts.

Reactions: 15GT73

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my car was doing the same thing it's the battery to the car. my key fob is damaged and I thought that was it cuz I had just replaced the battery in the key fob, my metal pieces in the key fob the tiny metal circles in between the rubber and the plastic (under the buttons) were coming undone. That was a major issue with the trunk popping open. My key fob now unlocks or locks whenever im Near my car super strange. Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Carefully verify and re position using ONE HALF DROP of superglue the small circular contacts on the pad of the fob. Centered over the corresponding contact on the fob pcb.not too much glue . Still no luck.. Verify electrical harness on rightside of trunk lid that has the power supply wiring for all the fancy gizmos that are in the trunk lid Pinched,pulled in anyway? To much cargo can do this. Been my experiences with the "trunk lid gizmos" .fob usually has more than one contact breaking loose creating weird alarms, doors locking, etc. All I got. Harness check wh/gr red/blue gr/wh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts