Dodge Dart Forum banner

2015 Dodge Dart Aero CAI

19K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  knghts50 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
2015 Dodge Dart Aero CAI Issue

So I got traded out of my old vehicle due to it being at the dealer every other week, and they gave me a sick deal on a 2015 dodge dart aero 6spd manual. Unfortunately after purchasing an injen CAI for it I quickly realized that the new 2015 model stock Air Box has a vacuum line and what seems to be the turbos blow off line that gets recirculated back into the stock air box. So my question is would the injen CAI still work for the 2015 model, or would I have to wait until a CAI is available for the 2015 model?

Here are some pictures to show you what I'm talking about, and where the lines lead to.

View attachment 42919
Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Automotive engine part

Auto part Engine Vehicle Fuel line Tire

Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Machine

Auto part Engine Vehicle Machine Car

Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Automotive engine part

Edited to show what we're looking at, for clarity.

See less See more
#3 ·
It's hard to tell what you're trying to take a picture of, they're all at an angle and they're all of a bunch of lines nowhere near the intake.

o_O I hope that helps, but idk if it will. The intake is on the left side near the front by the turbo. The large pipe on the right is for the intercooler, not intake.

#4 ·
@OLiVAD I believe you are correct sir. The vacuum lines are indeed in a different spot. So it will more than likely not work unless you buy some old vacuum lines from an earlier dodge dart

#10 ·
#14 ·
He wound need more than that line labeled as #2....Seems like the engineers redid the Evap purge solenoid and associated lines. He should send the intake back to Injen and possibly get in touch with a rep and forward those pics to injen to update the intake for the 2015 model 1.4T.

#17 ·
Lol i want to check this out in person...i removed a few of those lines...so mine isnt the oem setup. Also its possible that quick disconnect on the injen intake you can cap and then see if you could have someone weld two of those disconnects closer to where the pipe turns down into the fender. Then get longer lengths of 3/8" fuel line. Cut out the disconnects from those plastic lines with a razor. Insert the disconnects into the end of the 3/8" line and click onto the 2 new ports newly welded on to intake tube.

#20 ·
2015 Dodge Dart Aero CAI Issue

So I got traded out of my old vehicle due to it being at the dealer every other week, and they gave me a sick deal on a 2015 dodge dart aero 6spd manual. Unfortunately after purchasing an injen CAI for it I quickly realized that the new 2015 model stock Air Box has a vacuum line and what seems to be the turbos blow off line that gets recirculated back into the stock air box. So my question is would the injen CAI still work for the 2015 model, or would I have to wait until a CAI is available for the 2015 model?

Here are some pictures to show you what I'm talking about, and where the lines lead to.

View attachment 42919
View attachment 42920
View attachment 42921
View attachment 42922
View attachment 42923
View attachment 42924
so clean :p nice tho haha

#22 ·
read post #5

Reactions: suzq044
#27 ·
I just seen this thread. I have a '13 1.4 and did the boost leak mod. After being tired of getting a CEL every other day. I went and ordered the U line with the check valve. What i received for that part number was the purge valve for a '15 aero. They said that it supersedes the hose. but it wont work. see photo what i ordered in orange and what i got. Would how this work supersede the hose.

#28 ·
I just seen this thread. I have a '13 1.4 and did the boost leak mod. After being tired of getting a CEL every other day. I went and ordered the U line with the check valve. What i received for that part number was the purge valve for a '15 aero. They said that it supersedes the hose. but it wont work. see photo what i ordered in orange and what i got. Would how this work supersede the hose. View attachment 43304
You need to take that back for a refund. You would need a whole slew of other parts to switch everything over to a '15 EVAP setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.