Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this thread in hopes of getting feedback if anyone has actually had their engine replaced on a 2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 Liter due to an oil consumption issue? My dealer said they could do a consumption test, but they have never had a car meeting the requirements. I feel like I am wasting time and money getting a consumption test if virtually nobody has their engine replaced. Seriously considering trading in the Dart.

My first two oil changes were done 5,000-6,000 miles. Prior to my next expected oil change my car died less than 5,000 miles. The dealer performed the next oil change--car started fine. In less than 2,000 additional miles -- 2 more quarts of oil were added.

I spoke to Chrysler customer service--not impressed. She refused to put me through to a supervisor. She referenced that I was to check my oil EVERY time I got fuel. I found thread where the same exact problem was discussed. A car dying without any warning light is a major safety issue. At no time did the salesman ever tell me that I had to check the oil every time I got gas.

I originally started this thread.
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-maintenance/49881-frequency-synthetic-oil-change-dodge-dart-2015-a.html

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2014 GT and had the engine replaced about a year and a half ago under warranty for oil consumption. Today, I'm going to go back to the dealer for another oil consumption test as it's doing it again...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm going through the "oil consumption test" right now. After the first 1K miles...1 qt added. Went yesterday for the second 1K mile check...3/4 qt added. I'm sure it won't meet FCA specs for a replacement engine. But, it never hurts to try and at least it will be documented.

·
Premium Member
5,962 Posts
my 2014 GT 2.4L has not had any oil consumption issues thankfully. and my 2016 GT 2.4L has not, so far, had any issues. Keep us posted on the issue. I would think having to add 3/4 to 1 quart every 1k miles is ridiculous

·
Registered
2 Posts
Currently going thru this process with my 15 GT 38K miles. Past two test have been down 1.5 quarts. Taking her in monday, hopefully chrylser aprroves everything. Will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm late but wanted to advise I have a 2015 also and had to get my engine replaced due to low oil consumption. Car had 20k miles on it. They originally thought it was my crank shaft sensor, replaced that and I guess due to the low oil consumption engine had to be replaced

1 - 6 of 6 Posts