Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing an aftermarket sound system in my Dart, but it has the 8.4" UConnect touchscreen system. Since that system basically controls everything, I'm not even going to attempt to replace that! The problem is that the system is basically 2 pieces. The touchscreen (which is only a display) and the radio/amp module located above the glove box. This is by far the hardest install I've ever encountered. I somehow need to bypass the radio/amp module in order to power my new component and dash speakers from my Phoenix Gold amp. Has anyone out there encountered this issue before, and figured it out? Any advice would be so greatly appreciated!!! Thank you for reading my post.

Sincerely, C.K.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
There is a schematic.
dartradioschematic.jpg

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Here is more schematics:

Base

audiobaseschematic.jpg

Premium

audiopremiumschematic.jpg

Premium2

audiopremium2.jpg

If you want the original files in the original sizes, PM your email address.

·
Registered
246 Posts
@DEVIL-DAWG: As far as I know, you'll be the first person to attempt this, so I'm hoping that you're able to work some of the kinks of this out. Many of us here are curious how this will play out.

Though from the looks of things, if your only goal is to run a different power amp for the speakers, it looks like the current one is just another 4 channel amp, so you could just use the high power inputs into your Phoenix Gold amp and run it that way.

Though I'm guessing that you're also hoping to run a different radio?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Beitie
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing