Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon fellow Darts. I hope y'all are enjoying your day today. I wanted to go ahead and introduce myself.

My name is Andrew, but y'all can call me AJ, and I am a new Dart owner. I purchased my dart for almost $10,000 on January 29th of this year.

The mileage when I got it was just over 119,000, and currently, the mileage is almost 134,000 and climbing. My car has the stock aluminum alloy wheels, which are very expensive at almost $500 a wheel; 17 inch Blackhawk street h tires at just over $75 a tire. Infotainment system, red accent lights on the dash, automatic transmission with the slapstick shifter (or manual shifter), and a few other things.

I am the second owner of my dart. The first owner got it repo'd, which is unfortunate, because this car is a nice car.

I have already dropped almost $5,000 for repairs, and I am still going to be making even more repairs, as well as replacing and upgrading certain things to it. The repairs that are my main focus right now are the shocks, struts, brakes, and rotors. There are a couple of minor things that I will work on that are the results of the previous owners (dents to the rear drivers and passengers side quarter panel, and a dent that is underneath the driver side front door).

Later on down the line, I am going to be looking at upgrading a few other things, including, but not limited to replacing the infotainment system and the backup camera, because I am looking for that crystal clear image while I am backing up; replacing the halogen headlights and turn signals with led lights and turn signals; upgrading the sound system with something a little more up to date (it doesn't have the alpine system, so that's why I am upgrading).

All in all, I really love this car. Fun fact, I took my driver's license test in a 1974 Dodge Dart 318 V8 back in 2006, so it seemed right that my first major car purchase was a dart.

I am really looking forward to hearing y'all's thoughts and opinions on my plans. Ttys.

Also, here are some pictures of my car, and under the hood.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi AJ. I've got the 2.4 as well, it's a fun little powerplant. Love the wheels on your dart, very sharp!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Those are the stock Rallye wheels. I've got those on mine as well, and I like them. Unfortunately I curb-rashed a couple of them, and it seems the local wheel repair shops are unable to duplicate the Hyper-Black finish on those.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are the stock Rallye wheels. I've got those on mine as well, and I like them. Unfortunately I curb-rashed a couple of them, and it seems the local wheel repair shops are unable to duplicate the Hyper-Black finish on those.
Yeah, I feel you on that. Back in March, I had to replace my front passenger wheel because of someone forcing me into a curb, and it took them a week to be able to just replace it.

The reason why is because the repair shop kept getting hyper black, when instead they needed to be getting hyper silver. It took them 4 times just to be able to finally get the right color wheel.

They, of course, weren't taking any responsibility for it. Their excuse was "the Vin number pulls up hyper black". I laughed at them and told them that it's obviously not hyper black.

Never working with that repair shop ever again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts