Dodge Dart Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Administrator
6,311 Posts
PCM tries to compensate for the leak by controlling fuel. Fix the leak and all should be normal.

· Administrator
6,311 Posts
While you have the intake manifold off, replace the intake cam VVT solenoid. You wouldn't want to remove the intake manifold again anytime soon. The exhaust cam VVT is easily accessed anytime later if necessary.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The only junk yard darts I can find within 100 miles are 2013 or 2015 or 2016 years. They are 2.0 models but say v6. Will those intake manifolds work if I get one? Also I did notice this this morning? What are those hoses leading too? Looks like the engine. The foil covers the rubber and then it’s a metal pipe leading into that way.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Automotive tire Wood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Rim

The only junk yard darts I can find within 100 miles are 2013 or 2015 or 2016 years. They are 2.0 models but say v6. Will those intake manifolds work if I get one? Also I did notice this this morning? What are those hoses leading too? Looks like the engine. The foil covers the rubber and then it’s a metal pipe leading into that way.

· Administrator
6,311 Posts
There is no such thing as a 2.0 V6. All model year Dart 2.0 engines are the same. You really should try to go to a you pull type junkyard so you have some practice with pulling it yourself. Google LKQ Pick a part or Row52, those are chains of self serve junkyards.
Those are coolant hoses to the oil cooler. The foil coverings are to protect the hoses from heat.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That’s what I thought I am bringing tools and I have done my homework going to start with the closest cars first. That’s all I have in my area.

would those hoses also be a cause of my code aswell?

There is no such thing as a 2.0 V6. All model year Dart 2.0 engines are the same. You really should try to go to a you pull type junkyard so you have some practice with pulling it yourself. Google LKQ Pick a part or Row52, those are chains of self serve junkyards.
Those are coolant hoses to the oil cooler. The foil coverings are to protect the hoses from heat.

· Administrator
6,311 Posts
Those hoses have nothing to do with your problem. They are part of the cooling system.
Gesture Font Drawing Parallel Art

· Administrator
6,311 Posts
The 2.0 Dart never had an EGR valve.

· Administrator
6,311 Posts
If there's no valve why would it need a solenoid? So NO.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts