Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the recall notice today, only this time they are requesting that I schedule an appointment. This isn't like the first notice I received last year where they announced the recall but shrugged their shoulders about if/when they'd have the parts available. Just a FYI because the rest of you with a 2014 AT Dart should be getting the same notice soon.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Well, it took them long enough. I think it was originally announced in April. I'll check with Benny to get more details.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, it took them long enough. I think it was originally announced in April. I'll check with Benny to get more details.
I just had mine done yesterday. The dealers are getting a limited number of replacement parts ( mine only for 4 ) and I was lucky enough to get one since my car was in the shop most last week for other issues. Took about a half hour for them to install the new part. Most dealers are using the parts for any Darts they have sitting on the lot to sell since they are not allowed to sell them to the public until the recall is done on them.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Wait, is the only the 2014 models? I got the notice a while ago, but I have a 2015 GT model. Just wondering if there is a difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2016 GT and also got the notice. I tried to set up an appointment, but the dealer said the parts aren't in yet. Told me to call back in 2-3 weeks. This is my second notice, so I assumed the parts were in.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
The part number is CSTGV341AA for those of you that want to do this yourselves. Price is a $1.00 and with a discount it's $0.69 but then there is shipping. Still waiting for the instructions .pdf.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I just got the recall notice today, only this time they are requesting that I schedule an appointment. This isn't like the first notice I received last year where they announced the recall but shrugged their shoulders about if/when they'd have the parts available. Just a FYI because the rest of you with a 2014 AT Dart should be getting the same notice soon.
I had my recall part installed today. I think it added about 30hp. LOL , I treated Wolfgang to a car wash after.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Looks like it's going to be a challenge obtaining the CSTGV341AA bushing over the counter and online. They don't want to sell it.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I have the instructions, just need the parts. You do not have to remove the battery tray. You reach under and unclip the cable retainer and pop the cable end off of the shift lever. Pry out the old bushing.
I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
alpinegreenneon
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing