Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the group regarding the front brake caliper rattles that the early Darts are plagued with.
Per the TSB from 2013 (05-004-13) that indicates there is a redesigned front caliper adapter bracket, with PN 68160694AB to fix this. In checking online with several Mopar parts sources, this item has now been discontinued and is not available. One dealer tells me this has been replaced with a new bracket PN 68248311AA, but when checking the fit it only shows the 2015 / 2016 models use this. Anyone know for sure if the latest PN fits the early cars? If not, what's the fix? All new caliper assemblies?
My brakes work fine, it's just the rattle over hard bumps that gets old after awhile. Any other options to this issue?

·
Super Moderator
4,728 Posts
Find out if the dealer will let you return it, or take a measurement of how for apart the two bolts are on your car and then measure the new part at the parts counter before you buy it.
If the adapter has a part number stamped on it, look for that TSB part number at the junkyard. I am seeing more and more 2013 Darts at the junkyards.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Question for the group regarding the front brake caliper rattles that the early Darts are plagued with.
Per the TSB from 2013 (05-004-13) that indicates there is a redesigned front caliper adapter bracket, with PN 68160694AB to fix this. In checking online with several Mopar parts sources, this item has now been discontinued and is not available. One dealer tells me this has been replaced with a new bracket PN 68248311AA, but when checking the fit it only shows the 2015 / 2016 models use this. Anyone know for sure if the latest PN fits the early cars? If not, what's the fix? All new caliper assemblies?
My brakes work fine, it's just the rattle over hard bumps that gets old after awhile. Any other options to this issue?
I had the issue on my 2016 Dart GT AFTER I swapped out the pads and hardware to aftermarket. The only fix was going back to the OEM pads and hardware. Haven't had the issue since I returned to the OEM materials.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So before I do order this new caliper bracket under PN 68248311AA, has anyone used it recently on their car? Anything out of the ordinary for the caliper fit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts