Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I accelerated too quickly my car suddenly started throwing the Traction Control code and going into limp mode. Of course, once restarted it would run fine. I had the diagnostics ran on it and it showed P0344 (Camshaft position sensor A) and U0140 (Lost communication with Body Control Module). It's my understanding that the BCM controls the accessories so I wasn't as concerned with that, so we started with the Camshaft position sensors and replaced both of them. Cool. Problem solved, right?
Nope.
Now it's worse. When you start the car it turns over 5 or 6 times before starting and automatically goes into limp mode. Turn it off, restart it, it starts right up and drives absolutely perfect. It's still showing the camshaft position sensor code and the BCM code.
What I don't know is if I have to have the car programmed after changing the sensors maybe? I've also been told that sometimes the Camshaft code can show when it's actually a different problem. OR after we replaced the sensors and test drove the car the Throttle Body light came on and upon inspection we discovered that the sensor to the TB had broken, so we also replaced that. Is that where I went wrong? I'll take it to a dealership if I have to, just currently trying to avoid the labor cost.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
4,594 Posts
Did you use Mopar sensors or aftermarket? Bank 1 Sensor 1 is the exhaust cam sensor. Always check wiring first before buying or replacing anything when you see intermittent or circuit in a description. You need to use a multimeter, just looking at wiring does nothing. You probably broke the throttle body connector trying to remove it when you needlessly replaced the intake cam position sensor. When a code says exhaust sensor, why on earth did you replace the intake sensor?

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM), 2.0L / Diagnosis and Testing

P0344-CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR INTERMITTENT - BANK 1 SENSOR 1

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored:

•This diagnostic runs continuously with the engine cranking and with the engine running.

Set Conditions:

•At least five seconds or 2.5 engine revolutions have elapsed with Crankshaft Position Sensor signals present but no Camshaft Position Sensor signal.

Default Actions:

•The MIL light will illuminate.

Possible Causes

5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT OPEN
5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO THE SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT
CMP 1/1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
CMP 1/1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
CMP 1/1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO THE SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT
CMP 1/1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE
SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE