Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just bought a 2013 GT, the car is loaded with the 8.4" screen. I've noticed the car had a rough idle/vibration when the a/c is on and the car is in gear. If you put it in park it smooths out a good bit but is still there. Also I've noticed the A/C blows hot/cool when sitting still and gets cooler when moving, but never really gets cold. I charged it and it didn't take much and said it was full so I dont think I have a leak.

Any Ideas???
Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Change the cabin filter? It could be clogged. Turning on the AC puts a load on any engine and it will be slightly rougher.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I probably need to check that. And I think its actually more of a vibration maybe from the blower motor than a rough idle.

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
Yea I probably need to check that. And I think its actually more of a vibration maybe from the blower motor than a rough idle.
If you got it used, the rear trans mount might have been replaced with an aftermarket one from Dayeme Racing. Which was a very common and cheap upgrade to the car. That causes a rougher idle when the AC is on.

Or possibly, your mount is going bad, which accounts for the extra vibrations in a similar way to the upgraded replacement. The upgrade one is polyurathne and a lot harder and durable than the rubber OEM ones, which is why they cause more vibrations. But I can see it also doing it if the rubber has completely worn away. Especially on a 13.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you got it used, the rear trans mount might have been replaced with an aftermarket one from Dayeme Racing. Which was a very common and cheap upgrade to the car. That causes a rougher idle when the AC is on.

Or possibly, your mount is going bad, which accounts for the extra vibrations in a similar way to the upgraded replacement. The upgrade one is polyurathne and a lot harder and durable than the rubber OEM ones, which is why they cause more vibrations. But I can see it also doing it if the rubber has completely worn away. Especially on a 13.
I'm thinking your right. This AM it was cooler out so I did not run the a/c or air at all. Still had that vibration when sitting idle. I've already called the dealer, hopefully they will fix it for free. If not I did get a bumper to bumper for 30,000 miles so I'll just have to pay $100

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
I'm thinking your right. This AM it was cooler out so I did not run the a/c or air at all. Still had that vibration when sitting idle. I've already called the dealer, hopefully they will fix it for free. If not I did get a bumper to bumper for 30,000 miles so I'll just have to pay $100
More than likely it will not be free. They are usually never that nice :p $100 aint bad to replace it and labor. If they say it's not covered, the rear trans mount isn't too expensive, and it's just two bolts through it. If you jack it up and have someone to help pull it can be done on your own. :)

Drivetrain Mount, Rear with FIRM hardness.

I have the firm and it's been great. Never used the flex but have no complaints about the firms and really helps improve the shifting in the car, however that's with a manual. My friend got it on his auto and enjoys it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well update on the Dart.
Both the rear and right side engine mount are shot and they are ordering the parts to replace them. They said that will fix the vibration at idle.

They said they couldnt find an issue with the a/c. But unfortunately when I brought it in to be looked at, it was only 71° out. Not the usual 95+.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Well update on the Dart.
Both the rear and right side engine mount are shot and they are ordering the parts to replace them. They said that will fix the vibration at idle.

They said they couldnt find an issue with the a/c. But unfortunately when I brought it in to be looked at, it was only 71° out. Not the usual 95+.
You might as well get the 3rd mount replaced at the same time. How many miles do you have?

The A/C on the Dart is just not that good, especially in 90+ temps. Even the blower speeds are pretty weak until level 3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You might as well get the 3rd mount replaced at the same time. How many miles do you have?

The A/C on the Dart is just not that good, especially in 90+ temps. Even the blower speeds are pretty weak until level 3.
I'm not 100% sure if the dealer will do that. I am covered under a bumper to bumper warranty untill 105k miles.

I just crossed over 75k miles.

Yea, I'm thinking that the a/c sucks in these cars. My Silverado is the opposite, I literally have to shut it down sometimes cause it gets too cold.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I'm not 100% sure if the dealer will do that. I am covered under a bumper to bumper warranty untill 105k miles.

I just crossed over 75k miles.

Yea, I'm thinking that the a/c sucks in these cars. My Silverado is the opposite, I literally have to shut it down sometimes cause it gets too cold.
Well, I suppose if the 3rd fails in the future you will be covered. All of mine were toast by 50k miles, the rear was toast after only 25k miles. The OEM mounts are just an inferior design and tend to fail quickly, especially for spirited drivers like myself.

There are aftermarket mounts that are much stronger and will last the life of your Dart. They are made from a company called Deyeme racing, you can look them up if you wish. Couple hundred bucks for all 3 mounts. Just something to consider if you plan on keeping the Dart past your 105k warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
Killraven
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing