Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a metal piece hanging down against ground right behind plastic shield underneath very front of car. Is that a skid plate?

Can I remove it to drive so if doesn't drag and make horrid noise and then take to a shop in a couple of days?

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
That is part of the belly pan most likely. You need to be a bit more careful since the Dart sits so low.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is part of the belly pan most likely. You need to be a bit more careful since the Dart sits so low.
I know. I let a friend use my car and now it is jacked up and she moved from MO to AZ. Ugh.

Will it damage or cause harm to the car to take that part off temporarily until I get it to the shop?

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
The belly pan will need to be replaced. Take it off and save the pieces to show whoever will fix it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just take the belly pan off and leave it off - I did that with mine.
Your second picture looks like a piece of the belly pan, but I could be wrong.

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,443 Posts
@Kcgal1971 mine just did the same. Instead of replacing with the same garbage, I bought the heavy duty replacement from deyemeracing.com. Can’t wait to install next week. Not necessary, but I want the engine protection and makes it easy to see oil leaks. Expensive, but worth it imo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts