Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so I bought my 2013 Dodge Dart on Sep 14, 2013. It has 6 miles on it after I test drove it. I have had oil changed twice now. I am at about 14,000 miles. It has been a good little car till about 2 weeks ago. I was in town at a job interview, and decided to go get a few items after my interview. I bought what I needed and got in and went to start the car. It wouldn't start at all. It took 3 times to finally start, and then the check engine light was on. This was all at 13775 miles. I was in town anyways, so I took it straight over to the dealer and told them what was happening. I also informed her I would like for them to go ahead and do the oil change. She said okay. They looked at it as soon as possible. The service adviser was really nice. They had it looked at within an hour and half. She came back and told me that the vehicle lost communications with the transmission control module star case. She said it would probably take them a day to fix. Well, I took the car in on 2/26 at 9am and didn't get it back till 2/28 at 12pm. I was also without a car for those days. Dodge would not offer me a rental car until the car was fully diagnosed, so I had to call my in laws who just so happened to be home that day to come and get me. Then, they had to take me back to pick up the car. We got there to pick up the car, and my service adviser told me that she was hoping this would fix it, but she doubted it. They have seen a lot of darts, and once they have this first problem they usually end up needing a new transmission. She gave me her card and told me to call her if I had any issues. If it does die on me to call roadside assistance, and they would come get me and the car. She acted like she didn't want to release the car to me because she said she knew what was going to happen, but since this was the first transmission issue they couldn't just be like Well it will need a transmission. So, I'm stuck driving the car worried sick that it will just stop on me in the middle of traffic resulting in a wreck. I got in the car and proceeded home. It seems to be driving like usual. I get almost home, and I received a phone call from my adviser telling me that they forgot to do the oil change and that I could come in now and they would get it done for me. I ask her if I can set up an appointment for Monday, and she says yes. Well, I end up calling her back to let her know that I'm going to go ahead and bring it up there that day. So, I had to go all the way back to Jonesboro to get something done that should have already been done. I get up there and my adviser tells me it will be about 45 mins, and that when the mechanics got the car back there it would not start again so they were trying to figure that out first. She assumed they had already done the oil change. I sit there and wait for about 45 minutes. My adviser came and told me they had to call in the oil filter. They didn't have one in stock. It would be just a little bit longer. So I finally get my car back, and she didn't charge me for my oil change because of the headache.

On 03/10 at 1:12pm, I was leaving my dads, and the service transmission light was on. I called dodge and told them what was going on, and adviser told me to bring it in first thing in the morning at 730 because they were swamped that afternoon and there was no way they could get it worked it. I offered to drive it up there, and leave it if it was okay to drive. She said that she wouldn't have a rental for me drive back so just bring it back in the morning. I asked her so it's okay to drive home? She said yes, but if the check engine light comes on and starts flashing, pull over and call roadside assistance. So I carefully drove home(30miles to home) terrified it would mess up on me. I got home finally, and went back later and started it, and the service transmission light was no longer on. I got in the car on the 3/11 to take it back to the dealer and the service transmission light was on again, had to drive it an additional 30 miles to the dealer. I got there right at 7:29am. I went in at 7:30am and was told that my adviser I spoke with yesterday wasn't even there yet, and the mechanics don't even start work till 8am. Well, it took about an hour for them to come back and tell me what was wrong. Adviser said that they are going to have to replace the electrical bus system. I was given Chrysler's customer care number before I left. My mother and father in law had to come get me again because I once again did not get a rental car.

I am paying a lot of money for this car I expect for Chrysler to follow through with getting me a car to drive when this car is in the shop and still under warranty. I was told that Chrysler has put a lot of restrictions on rentals. The car has to be fully diagnosed before a rental can be given. Chrysler no longer works with Enterprise. A rental will be given if the car has been in the shop for 3 times for the same issue. All of which has been told to me by my service adviser.

I have seen the listings for the recalls on some of the darts, but haven't received any type of notification from the dealer or Chrysler on whether not my car was one of them.
Since car is in the shop all I have in front of me is the invoice from the deal

·
Registered
209 Posts
Which automatic transmission do you have? The Powertech or the DDCT? (Hint, if you have the 1.4 Turbo you have the DDCT)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
View attachment 47455

Update! I called for a tow yesterday morning. It was picked up at 11:30 am. I called my service adviser to let her know the car was messed up again..had to keep leaving messages with the other advisers. Never heard back from my adviser. I called Chrysler and started a claim. I'm supposed to hear back from a case manager either Monday or Tuesday. I went by the dealership yesterday since I was in town anyways. Once again I had to borrow a car from someone. My husband went with me just in case they gave me a rental, which they of course didn't. I'm on a 'list'. We get there and my adviser is outside on the phone, and she said she would be with us in a just a few minutes. She tells us the car got there a couple of hours ago. She said that since the car is back again for the same thing they would have their lead technician deal with it now. He won't have time to look at it today, and he's off the weekend so she said she would call me on Monday or Tuesday and let me know something. I just wonder if the car was even test drove after the part was placed. I know if I could tell it was shifting weird, the technician should have been able to tell.

·
Banned
8,648 Posts
Sounds like it doesn't have the updated flashes. Otherwise, it is common for the early TCM (transmission control module) to go out. Mine was replaced 1 1/2 years ago and has been perfect ever since.

Edit-It isn't perfect any more! LOL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay great. I'm just trying to get some advise. Trying to figure out what to do....I'm a little bit frustrated by the no rental part. I have work to get to on Monday, and cake deliveries to make. They didn't even seem to care whether or not I had a car to drive. It was a sad day seeing my car on the back of the tow truck though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rep gave me a case number(if that's what your talking about), and told me to expect a phone call from a case manager in 1 to 2 business days. I called Friday, so I won't hear anything back till Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I finally got a, what they call a loaner vehicle. It's a huge van, but I am glad I finally got something else to drive. So my case manager through Chrysler has called my husband's phone rather than calling me whenever I listed my number as the number to call. My husband works 10 to 12 hour shifts(8am-6:30pm), and can't just answer the phone. I called yesterday on the number and ext they left on the voice mail, but they said they would be back in the office on Friday;and, now I'm awaiting a phone call from them. I spoke with the Dodge dealership, and they're still diagnosing my car. They are throwing some ideas out there as to the wiring in the car, or the computer is messed up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So about two weeks ago, I finally got the call that my car was ready. Apparently when they put the new transmission control module on my car, they just swapped out the parts. They were supposed to leave the old one on there, and let it run through half the program or whatever. Then swap out with the new one to finish out the rest of the programming. I am so happy to have my car back. Thanks everyone for your feedback. Chrysler also gave me free oil changes for the next 3 years!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Car is going in for repairs again once the part comes in in 3 to 5 days. It needs a new valve body now. The dealership said it was fine for me to drive until that comes in.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Just what the hell is going on with the 1.4/DDCT now. Mine is acting up "Service Transmission" with 22k miles on it. I love this car, but I wont go thru 3,4 5 or more visits to get this fixed. By now chrystler/dodge should already have the answers and be able to fix this problems. And not giving free rentals while the car is being fixed.?? any decent dealership would take care of you if they want to sell another car to you or your family in the future.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
It's so sad how these dealers are treating customers who just gave them $20k of their hard earned money. I don't entirely blame the dealers, FCA also has to accept some responsibility for their incompetence and they don't always put the dealers in the best position to take care of customers. What drives me mad is (1) how the dealers are so poor at doing something so simple as making courtesy calls when they know you are waiting for info, and (2) putting the customer in the middle of the BS rental car finger pointing pissing match.

It's nice that got the free oil changes but I bet you could also get Chrysler to cover one of your payments since they had your car for a whole month. I imagine you could have a fun summer weekend with that money.

Lastly, the #1 reason why I hear people leave the American auto companies is how they are treated at other dealers like BMW, Audi, Infiniti, Acura, etc. compared to GM, Ford, and Chrysler. They tell me how they are willing to pay another $10k on average for a dealership experience that is simple, stress free, and they never have to worry about the loaner car. In fact, they say the loaner is usually a fully loaded ride that's nicer than their car. I am barely lucky enough to get another Chrysler vehicle when I get a loaner, it's usually a POS corolla or a big van that eats gas.

Hopefully one day this all changes for the better for all of us...

·
Banned
8,648 Posts
Update. Dodge told me no loaner this time, its on my dime. STAR Chrysler later told me they will pay, but only for 5 days. Now that I returned the loaner, I gotta run and catch the bus, bye! ;)

BTW-Guess someone was jealous of my nice black Dodge since I picked up the biggest door ding you ever saw! Thankfully, the girl from New York at the rental company fingered it, but didn't say anything. I LOVE NY! :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It's so sad how these dealers are treating customers who just gave them $20k of their hard earned money. I don't entirely blame the dealers, FCA also has to accept some responsibility for their incompetence and they don't always put the dealers in the best position to take care of customers. What drives me mad is (1) how the dealers are so poor at doing something so simple as making courtesy calls when they know you are waiting for info, and (2) putting the customer in the middle of the BS rental car finger pointing pissing match.

I have been blessed not having this type of BS to deal with in my Dart ownership experience

It's nice that got the free oil changes but I bet you could also get Chrysler to cover one of your payments since they had your car for a whole month. I imagine you could have a fun summer weekend with that money.

Lastly, the #1 reason why I hear people leave the American auto companies is how they are treated at other dealers like BMW, Audi, Infiniti, Acura, etc. compared to GM, Ford, and Chrysler. They tell me how they are willing to pay another $10k on average for a dealership experience that is simple, stress free, and they never have to worry about the loaner car. In fact, they say the loaner is usually a fully loaded ride that's nicer than their car. I am barely lucky enough to get another Chrysler vehicle when I get a loaner, it's usually a POS corolla or a big van that eats gas.

Some of those other brands you're in for service so often they HAVE to be nice to you.
Don't know anyone with a Bimmer or a Mercedes that has gotten to 30k miles without a major mechanical issue that took 1 dealer visit or less to get fixed

It's called Tesla and you could buy one if you really ran the #'s on 10 yrs of car ownership.

·
Banned
2,521 Posts
Update. Dodge told me no loaner this time, its on my dime. STAR Chrysler later told me they will pay, but only for 5 days. Now that I returned the loaner, I gotta run and catch the bus, bye! ;)

BTW-Guess someone was jealous of my nice black Dodge since I picked up the biggest door ding you ever saw! Thankfully, the girl from New York at the rental company fingered it, but didn't say anything. I LOVE NY! :)
Welcome to NY!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

I have been blessed not having this type of BS to deal with in my Dart ownership experience

Some of those other brands you're in for service so often they HAVE to be nice to you.
Don't know anyone with a Bimmer or a Mercedes that has gotten to 30k miles without a major mechanical issue that took 1 dealer visit or less to get fixed

It's called Tesla and you could buy one if you really ran the #'s on 10 yrs of car ownership.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Who owns a car for 10 years? I know 2 people who own a tesla, they love their cars, but both admit that they will never see those savings that you speak of... They like having a car that only a few people can afford and they truly feel that they are doing something good for the planet earth. Btw, tesla keeps floating rumors that they are going to offer a sub-$50k model. Now that's when you would see those savings over time.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts