Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with their 6 speed manual not moving? The clutch works just fine to go into all gears, but when you let off the clutch to accelerate nothing happens. It won’t move in any gear nor does it stall if you put it in gear and just let off the clutch without accelerating. It’s almost like something in the transmission broke. I thought it might be the cylinder like most need replaced but everything has checked out fine. Has anyone else run into this? 118k mi

· Administrator
6,311 Posts
Original clutch? If so, time to replace it.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Original clutch? If so, time to replace it.
I believe it is original. This is very different from my past clutch experiences. Usually when the clutch was going out it would grind trying to get it into gear or slip which confused me with this one since it goes into all the like gears just fine, it just doesn’t move or stall when you let off. Has that changed with these newer cars? Last clutch I had to replace was on my 1992 blazer

· Administrator
6,311 Posts
If the fywheel thats bolted to the crankshaft doesn't engage with the clutch, it won't move. While it is possible that the slave cylinder/tob isn't what's moving, you need to remove the transmission to replace it. At that many miles, might as well also replace the clutch. It's standard practice to replace the tob during a clutch replacement. The clutch delay valve that is built into the clutch hydraulics can cause premature clutch disk wear. Look into the CDV delete from Deyeme Racing.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the fywheel thats bolted to the crankshaft doesn't engage with the clutch, it won't move. While it is possible that the slave cylinder/tob isn't what's moving, you need to remove the transmission to replace it. At that many miles, might as well also replace the clutch. It's standard practice to replace the tob during a clutch replacement. The clutch delay valve that is built into the clutch hydraulics can cause premature clutch disk wear. Look into the CDV delete from Deyeme Racing.
Ok I will. Thank you so much. I started to panic thinking the transmission itself went out. A clutch sounds much cheaper

· Premium Member
2013 Dart Limited 1.4T 6-Speed
333 Posts
Yes, a bad clutch or bad pressure plate can cause it to not move in any gears. Typically if the clutch disc is bad, there will be noise and/or a clutch smell. A bad pressure plate can just be stuck in a disengaged state, and not make any noise.

· Registered
2 Posts
Then it's almost certainly your clutch disc.
There was a burning clutch smell forsure
I have same problem I can shift into any gear and just revs up even with out pressing clutch pedal gears go in gear cable is fine I wonder did u fix URS i just ordered clutch set with slave cylinder,flywheel and clutch delay valve delete hope it solves problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.