Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I recently purchased a 2013 dodge dart Aero and it has the 8.4" Uconnect system in it. However, the telecommunications module is bad so my Bluetooth isn't working anymore. To buy a new module everywhere I'm looking it seems like the module is $350 which seems a bit steep for Bluetooth... To top it off I've read on some forums you might have to program the new module to your car with an expensive app or tool which I don't really want to buy.
Here's a link to that part I'm talking about: Telecommunications module

So my thought is, why not simply replace the entire radio? For $350-$600 you can get a pretty sweet radio with apple play and Bluetooth built-in. But has anyone tried to do this? what's your experience with getting an aftermarket radio to work with the existing backup camera, steering wheel controls, dash volume controls, and the already existing USB and Aux connections? What kits did you use to install it all? Any affordable radios with BT and apple play that you recommend? I've never replaced a car stereo before so all input is helpful!

Also if anyone knows where to get that module cheaper instead that would be cool as well. Really any advice is appreciated! :)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
Hey all,

I recently purchased a 2013 dodge dart Aero and it has the 8.4" Uconnect system in it. However, the telecommunications module is bad so my Bluetooth isn't working anymore. To buy a new module everywhere I'm looking it seems like the module is $350 which seems a bit steep for Bluetooth... To top it off I've read on some forums you might have to program the new module to your car with an expensive app or tool which I don't really want to buy.
Here's a link to that part I'm talking about: Telecommunications module

So my thought is, why not simply replace the entire radio? For $350-$600 you can get a pretty sweet radio with apple play and Bluetooth built-in. But has anyone tried to do this? what's your experience with getting an aftermarket radio to work with the existing backup camera, steering wheel controls, dash volume controls, and the already existing USB and Aux connections? What kits did you use to install it all? Any affordable radios with BT and apple play that you recommend? I've never replaced a car stereo before so all input is helpful!

Also if anyone knows where to get that module cheaper instead that would be cool as well. Really any advice is appreciated! :)

Thanks!
You will lose any functionality that isn't covered by the switches (like changing the vent configuration), and I have yet to see an aftermarket installation that didn't look like amateur hour, because there isn't anything out there that fits properly in the opening for the 8.4" screen on the Dart. My Convergence Telematics Module is also dead, but I've just decided to live without it. It appears to be a common failure point, and I've been told that a brand new one is the way to go over cheaper used ones. Since I don't think there is an aftermarket alternative, dealership pricing is probably your only choice for this one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply! Yeah I was concerned about some of the settings for the car that is in the stereo operations menus but for my car, it's pretty much just settings like whether or not the car horn goes off when they keyfob locks the car, or how long the lights stay on after you turn the car off.. nothing too crazy to live without. Very strange that they don't have proper kits for a professional install of an aftermarket option. I could even live without Bluetooth if there was a software update to make Appl Play an option...

It's so crazy how expensive that part is... all I need is Bluetooth. I suppose I could grab a BT dongle though the whole point here is to have the car's built-in hands-free features usable. I have tried using the ipod USB feature but it's very glitchy too. Spotify goes into a song-skipping frenzy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts