Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've owned this car since new and for better or for worse I've never had and problems I couldn't solve on my own. Anyways I'm having a misfire on cylinder 4 I believe the code said. So I do the usual start with the cheaper simple fix work your way up untill problems solved. So I replace plugs just replaced with oem replacement ngks. Great problem solved so I thought, shortly after boom same misfire. Okay coil is bad so got it, cars got 111,xxx miles on it replace all four. Okay change spark plugs again while I'm here I had one plug that was orangeish burnt looking on the porcelain just above the threads. And now I'm also interested in using a better plug since i'm here working on it. So I see copper plugs run good ( just dont last as long) did my research found a champion eveyone was liking off this forum site from yrs ago. Switched to it went with the gap they were liking. Well anyways I'm having a misfire again days after replacing everything! I can only imagine it's the same cylinder. I'm going to get it checked today but wanted to get this discussion going.

·
Administrator
5,304 Posts
Get a compression test.
It's also possible that when disconnecting the connectors to the coil packs, the locks are easily broken. Vibration can loosen the connector enough to make a poor contact if the lock is broken. Check the connector locks.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4 Ralleye
8 Posts
Get a compression test.
It's also possible that when disconnecting the connectors to the coil packs, the locks are easily broken. Vibration can loosen the connector enough to make a poor contact if the lock is broken. Check the connector locks.
What’s the fix if the connector locks are bad?

·
Administrator
5,304 Posts
The ignition coils have to have a good solid connection at the connector. 12 volts goes through them to become over 20K volts which is what is needed for the spark that jumps across the spark plug electrode. If your connectors are broken, there are replacement connectors, just need to source them. Have you done a compression test? If you are misfiring badly, unburned fuel is washing the oil off the cylinder walls. Low compression from worn rings and cylinder walls will not fire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts