Here's some phenomenal news for those who are concerned about vehicle safety, the 2013 Dodge Dart has been named a 2012 Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. With its 10 standard-equipment air bags and one of the auto industry’s highest content-ratios of high-strength steel, the Dodge Dart scored the maximum possible rating in every IIHS Top Safety Pick test. The Dart leads the segment with more than 60 available safety and security features, and its 68% high-strength-steel ratio is among the highest in the industry.
Reid Bigland, Dodge-brand President and CEO and Head of U.S. Sales, says "We had high expectations for the Dart and our engineers delivered. Since its launch, the 2013 Dodge Dart has consistently outperformed in the area of fuel efficiency, technology, value for the money and now safety. It is truly a groundbreaking new car.” Top Safety Pick is the highest safety honor bestowed by the IIHS. “Winners afford buyers the best overall protection in four of the most common kinds of crashes, and help them avoid crashes altogether with electronic stability control,” says IIHS President Adrian Lund. Every 2013 Dodge Dart comes equipped with:
- Dual-stage, adaptive, venting air bags for the driver and front-seat passenger,
- Front-seat-mounted pelvic and thorax air bags for driver and passenger,
- Two rear-seat-mounted pelvic air bags,
- Knee air bags for driver and front-seat passenger,
- Two curtain air bags designed to protect front and rear passengers on both sides of the car
Equally important are Dart technologies that deliver accident-avoidance capability, such as:
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- Electronic roll mitigation
- Traction control
- Standard four-wheel, four-channel anti-lock disc brakes
- Electronic brake-force distribution
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-path detection
As a side bar, the Dodge Dart is the 12th Chrysler Group vehicle to earn 2012 Top Safety Pick designation. Folks, the 2013 Dodge Dart has racked up some very prestigious accomplishments, and this latest one is in our opinion the single most important achievement to have been bestowed upon it. It seems like every other day the Dart is being acknowledged by one group or another for a variety of reasons, and it really doesn't get any better than that. Congratulations Dodge Engineers on a job well done.