Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my 2013 dodge dart just hit 100k miles and when i go from Park, neutral or reverse, and hold the break down it jerks forward kind hard. anyone dealt with this before? i have no warning lights on or anything and it also drives fine.

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
Which engine, which trans?? There are 3 possible engines, 2 possible auto trans.

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
What engine speed are you seeing at idle on your tachometer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when in park, reverse, neutral, and drive rpms stay below 1 rpm and speeds stay below 0, also i have been getting heavy vibration from my exhaust lately i forgot to mention i did look underneath and and i did not see any leaks.

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
Reactions: Wolfen21

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
The loose bolt can be the cause of the vibration of the exhaust.
The motor mounts are likely the cause of the jerk when you shift.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but the whole car moves when it does from any gear into drive buddy just check and the motor mounts is fine

·
Registered
1 Posts
so my 2013 dodge dart just hit 100k miles and when i go from Park, neutral or reverse, and hold the break down it jerks forward kind hard. anyone dealt with this before? i have no warning lights on or anything and it also drives fine.
My 2014 GT with 46k miles just started doing this. I had a transmission update around the same time this problem started. Dealership says this has nothing to do with it. They said they spoke to Chrysler and the recommended fix is to completely replace the transmission. I said no of course. Besides the sparatic harsh engagement into drive, the transmission operates perfectly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts