Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4L has recently been experiencing issues with the AC working intermittently. When I start my car the AC will turn on 70% of the time and work without any problems (no audible indications that the blower is going, full air on each setting). The other 30% of the time it will not blow air at all no matter what setting it is on. However, sometimes when it doesn't work it will magically start working 10 or more minutes into the drive. I'm trying to figure out if this is more likely a blower motor issue, a bad blower motor resistor, or something else?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,729 Posts
Auto temp control? Possibly a problem with the ambient air temp sensor. There should be codes if you can get alfaOBD.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,729 Posts
Without codes we are just guessing. There is an HVAC module on top of the heater box, wiring, a blower motor control module right next to the blower motor, or the blower motor.

124948
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
currently have my 2013 dodge dart set to go to a shop to try and fix this issue. They already tried a resistor module.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
currently have my 2013 dodge dart set to go to a shop to try and fix this issue. They already tried a resistor module.
Shop replaced to blow motor and it seems to have fixed this. The motor seems louder than before the old one messed up but I have constant air now so I'll take it. Hope this helps someone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
Mine is like that too, I'm thinking maybe the motor as well as it seems to magically come back on if i hit a bump.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Mine is like that too, I'm thinking maybe the motor as well as it seems to magically come back on if i hit a bump.
Same issue, usually works randomly won’t sometimes and after I hit a decent size bump it turns back on full force no issues. Going to replace the fam blower and hope for the best as Temps where I’m at are starting to drop. My fam motor also made a noise for a day or 2 but hasn’t made much other noise aside from those few times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
Same issue, usually works randomly won’t sometimes and after I hit a decent size bump it turns back on full force no issues. Going to replace the fam blower and hope for the best as Temps where I’m at are starting to drop. My fam motor also made a noise for a day or 2 but hasn’t made much other noise aside from those few times.
Same here im in CA so its started to cool some, but I still like my AC even when its not hot out. If it resolves the issue let us know. Not sure when I'll get around to replacing mine.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top