Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys

I try to stay on top of my car's maintenance, but this one is stumping me.

I recently had both front tires changed + an alignment. After that, I began noticing a clunking/grinding noise from the front right.

This happens at idle as well as driving, so I believe things like CV, wheel bearing, tire or brake issues are ruled out.

To go more in depth: Cold start on a warm day, the noise is noticeable and can be felt by the passenger in the floorboard.

After warming up, the noise is mostly gone until driving. It sometimes manifests as a rhythmic clunking while the AC is on, but not when it's off. Shifting the weight forward by downshifting causes the noise to be exaggerated, but braking does not.

I haven't taken an in-depth look at the car yet, but I have checked tire clearance, suspension clearance, brake components. Nothing appears to be rubbing or grinding that I can see.

Please refrain from answering "Just take it back to the shop."

·
Super Moderator
3,492 Posts
Check the engine mounts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Engine mounts check out. Everything's good in that department.

Shop screwed up a bit. One lug is cross-threaded so I can't get it off. This is becoming more of a project than I anticipated lol

·
Premium Member
6,211 Posts
Engine mounts check out. Everything's good in that department.

Shop screwed up a bit. One lug is cross-threaded so I can't get it off. This is becoming more of a project than I anticipated lol
That only happened if they installed the lugs with an air gun without even starting them by hand. That's not a minor screw up, it's a lazy shop that doesn't care about customers' cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts