Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a 2015 Dart 2.0l engine into a 2013 Dart 2.0l rallye. I didn’t pay close enough attention to which side of the flex plate bolted to the crank. First time I got everything together the car ran great but didn’t move. So I flopped the flex plate over and now it moves but the plate is slammed against the torque converter and rubbing against the bell housing. Is there a kit I can buy or do I need to install the flex plate like I did the first time and use spacers between the plate and converter? Please help???

· Administrator
6,301 Posts
It should look like this:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Did you put the ring with the 7 bolt holes on? Did you have the torque convertor off the transmission? The torque convertor has to engage all the way in so that the pump works.

· Administrator
6,301 Posts
You might want to compare the cranshaft end that bolts to the flexplate to your old engine. They should be the same as far as I know for all model years.There should not be a spacer. Do you have the transmission bolted to the engine first before you install the bolts for the flexplate to the torque convertor?
Those 7 bolts can only go on one way. Your install of the flex plate should look exactly like the pic.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might want to compare the cranshaft end that bolts to the flexplate to your old engine. They should be the same as far as I know for all model years.There should not be a spacer. Do you have the transmission bolted to the engine first before you install the bolts for the flexplate to the torque convertor?
No. The transmission is still in the car. Looked like way too much work to remove the engine with the transmission attached. I know it doesn’t make sense but I have tried a lot of other things. I’m also getting the red lightening bolt and the car swerving idiot lights that I didn’t have before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts