Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the tittle says, I have a 2013 Dodge Dart rallye 2.0L 6 speed manual transmission. It has a leak coming from the top of the transmission and I believe I have narrowed it down to the seal on top of the shift tower where the shifting rod comes through... I haven’t been able to find much info of this topic. So I’m wondering if I can just take the bracket off and replace the seal or if I have to replace the complete shift tower. (Which is $400). I will try to attach some pictures so y’all can get a better understanding. Any help is appreciated in advance..

·
Premium Member
2013 Dart Limited 1.4T 6-Speed
240 Posts
Mine leaked from here earlier this year. I was still under CPO powertrain coverage, and the dealer said that the seal was not available on its own, so they replaced the transmission.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart Rallye Blacktop Edition
22 Posts
Like the tittle says, I have a 2013 Dodge Dart rallye 2.0L 6 speed manual transmission. It has a leak coming from the top of the transmission and I believe I have narrowed it down to the seal on top of the shift tower where the shifting rod comes through... I haven’t been able to find much info of this topic. So I’m wondering if I can just take the bracket off and replace the seal or if I have to replace the complete shift tower. (Which is $400). I will try to attach some pictures so y’all can get a better understanding. Any help is appreciated in advance.. View attachment 125512 View attachment 125513
I'm having the same issue. Any luck on getting this repaired outside of warranty?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the 2013 1.4L turbo and this has been going on for a bit on my car. Was thinking about DIY'ing it. Looks simple but the part is around $500. I thought I saw it for a bit cheaper somewhere but I can't seem to find it. We'll see, I might be trading it in next month. I did the head gasket and several other parts in the process 3 months ago. This car make me miss my 95 civic eg with a d15 1.5L non vtec. Simple, reliable, 35+ mpg.

I've had my dart since 11/2013. It has 143,000. Purchased with 21k miles on it.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts