Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I’m currently working on a 2013 Dart. Both low beam headlights work as they should, but when I click the high beams on, only the right comes on. The left high beam does not turn on. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Swap the bulbs and see if the issue moves to the other side. If it does then replace the bulb.

·
Super Moderator
3,808 Posts
Part of the headlight assembly is a shutter motor that opens the shutter all the way when you select high beam. The bulb filament is the same whether it's low beam or high beam, the shutter is down or up. Check the connector. If you are missing the access door in the wheel well splash shield, the connector is probably corroded.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve swapped the bulbs and the problem is still the same. The access door has been partially open for a good while now. Should I just replace the headlamp assembly on the left side?

·
Super Moderator
3,808 Posts
Try cleaning any corrosion in the connector.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve swapped the bulbs and the problem is still the same. The access door has been partially open for a good while now. Should I just replace the headlamp assembly on the left side?
Hopefully you can solve the issue with some cleaning...I believe the headlight assemblies are like a billion dollars!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts