Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Dart Limited 1.4L
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but i couldn't seem to find a straightforward answer in the other threads and excuse the post it is my first time posting but long time lurker.

I have a 2013 Dodge Dart 1.4L with the C635 DDCT Automatic Trans, I am looking to do a trans fluid change. I am currently at 120,000 miles and i bought the car at 100k, I pulled the check/fill plug earlier today and no fluid came out with the car off or with it running so I am under the assumption that it is currently low on fluid. The fluid didn't look terrible it had an orange tint to it but wasn't too dark. I have been looking for the proper fluid, I know Mopar makes a specific fluid ddct fluid and that is what is recommended but I can only find that fluid online at sketchy websites that gouge me on shipping and take a minute to be shipped. I was wondering if there are any other types of fluids that can be used. In other threads I read that some people used Redline fluid and also Royal Purple Synchromax. They seem to be the same type of fluid with it being an API GL-4 75W.

What I am trying to ask is if I can use the Royal Purple Synchromax fluid and if it would possibly damage anything because my local O'Reilly's has it in stock and I could get the fluid changed tomorrow to avoid any damage or is there any other suitable fluids that you guys have used or recommend? Thank you so much for any help you can provide

1 - 1 of 1 Posts