Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some assistance here. Customer brought her 2013 Dodge Dart (with LCD screen) over to put a new stereo in. Pulled the dash apart and every wire back there was black. No distinction on which was ground, power, speaker, etc. I need to attach the LOC but i have no idea what each wire is. Has anyone had a similar issue behind the dash of this vehicle? This is the first time I've ever seen an all black harness. Going into the doors to get speaker wire is out of the question, for now. Any help would be appreciated. I plan to call Dodge today but wanted to see if anyone here ran into a similar issue

·
Super Moderator
4,419 Posts
I need some assistance here. Customer brought her 2013 Dodge Dart (with LCD screen) over to put a new stereo in. Pulled the dash apart and every wire back there was black. No distinction on which was ground, power, speaker, etc. I need to attach the LOC but i have no idea what each wire is. Has anyone had a similar issue behind the dash of this vehicle? This is the first time I've ever seen an all black harness. Going into the doors to get speaker wire is out of the question, for now. Any help would be appreciated. I plan to call Dodge today but wanted to see if anyone here ran into a similar issue
It might be cause the actual Uconnect module is not the radio itself. More of just the screen. The actual module is under the glove box area. Look in the footwell area, and pull down the carpeted liner above it. That might be what you're looking for. I personally have not messed with audio stuff, but I feel like that will give you a start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've ground a few links but this is ridiculous...how do I get the glovebox out to access the silver brain for the radio? It's trying to tell me to remove fuckin doors and an entire dash..there has been an easier way, this is nuts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I've ground a few links but this is ridiculous...how do I get the glovebox out to access the silver brain for the radio? It's trying to tell me to remove fuckin doors and an entire dash..there has been an easier way, this is nuts
Might I suggest you have your (paying) customer take her Dart to a PROFESSIONAL audio installer ... One that has access to the wiring diagrams for the vehicle he is working on ... and one that doesn't have to resort to posting f-bombs on a forum full of folks willing to help him (free of charge).

Edit: I see now that you started this thread on June 20th ... It's now July 2nd and you still haven't finished this install?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
57ChryslerDart
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing