Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Dart with 26,000 miles on it. The car began to overheat in stop and go traffic - Needle pegged and the display read "Engine too hot". Scheduled service at the local dealer and found out that it needs a new head gasket.

Has anyone else had this happen???

I purchased a new vehicle to use for work so I wouldn't have issues. Most of the vehicles I have had through my life have gone well over 100,000 miles with regular maintenance. I have replaced wearable parts, alternator, water pump... but have never had a blown head gasket.

I bought the car with the intention of putting a lot of miles on it.... now I am beginning to worry. Anyone have suggestions for an extended warranty company??

·
Banned
8,648 Posts
Pretty sure you have the only Dart with a blown head gasket anywhere. Either way, you have a 100K mile factory warranty. Please post up your completed workorder. It will be helpful to the community.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I have a 2013 Dart with 26,000 miles on it. The car began to overheat in stop and go traffic - Needle pegged and the display read "Engine too hot". Scheduled service at the local dealer and found out that it needs a new head gasket.

I purchased a new vehicle to use for work so I wouldn't have issues. Most of the vehicles I have had through my life have gone well over 100,000 miles with regular maintenance. I have replaced wearable parts, alternator, water pump... but have never had a blown head gasket.

I bought the car with the intention of putting a lot of miles on it.... now I am beginning to worry. Anyone have suggestions for an extended warranty company??
i'm sure once they replace your head gasket UNDER WARRANTY (aka no cost to you), you'll never have that issue ever again.

2.0, heavily modded, driven HARD with almost 45,000miles here, and no issues (knock on wood).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, thankful of the factory warranty and the dealer has rented me a loaner while mine is repaired. (Thank you - Spitzer Dodge in Mansfield, OH!!)
Its good to hear 45K miles driven hard without problems. Hopefully gets there driven like an old fart...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

R3dn3ck,

Sorry to learn hear you're having some issues, happy though to hear your dealer is taking care of you.
Please post up your workorder when you can, hopefully shed more light on what may have caused this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 dodge dart 2.0 with 174,000 miles. Just found out I have a bad head gasket. My mechanic says it looks like a manufacturer defect. Just wondering if your mechanic thought the same?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
What are the symptoms? Overheating? Oil leaking? Poor compression? Did you keep up with recommended maintenance? Probably too late to claim manufacturer defect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts