Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been receiving conflicting information on what cam position sensor is affected by the p0344 code, intake or exhaust. the dealership has told me intake, some forums are saying intake and others exhaust. does anyone know for sure?

·
Super Moderator
3,650 Posts
Check wiring before buying anything. CMP1/1 is the exhaust cam position sensor.

There are two Camshaft Position Sensors on the 2.0L (ECK) engine. The (1/1) Exhaust Camshaft Position Sensor (2) is mounted to the front face of the cylinder head on the same side as the exhaust camshaft. The (1/2) Intake Camshaft Position Sensor (1) is mounted to the rear face of the cylinder head on the same side as the intake camshaft. Both sensors are located nearest the number four cylinder end of the engine. Both sensor connectors have three wires.

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM), 2.0L / Diagnosis and Testing

P0344-CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR INTERMITTENT - BANK 1 SENSOR 1

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored:

•This diagnostic runs continuously with the engine cranking and with the engine running.

Set Conditions:

•At least five seconds or 2.5 engine revolutions have elapsed with Crankshaft Position Sensor signals present but no Camshaft Position Sensor signal.

Default Actions:

•The MIL light will illuminate.

Possible Causes

5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT OPEN
5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO THE SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT
CMP 1/1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
CMP 1/1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
CMP 1/1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO THE SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT
CMP 1/1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks for the clarification, not sure why the dealership says the intake side sensor is the one for the p0344 code. i'll trace those wires in the am and see where that takes me

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup was the exhaust cam sensor, gotta stop getting after market sensors tried 3 of them then went and got one from mopar now all fixed
thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts