Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dart Rallye 1.4T 6-Speed
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an intermittent problem with my clutch disengagement. It seems to happen after sitting overnight. There is no problem with the brakes, only the clutch. When I remove and retighten the master cylinder cap the problem goes away and the clutch works fine. I have no idea what’s wrong. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do to fix the problem Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
4,343 Posts
Slave cylinder. Search.

#3 It's inside the bellhousihg and is a combination tob.

It's #11 in this pic:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info alpinegreenneon. I thought the slave cylinder was the problem but I was hoping it was something else. Why would removing and retightening the cap on the master cylinder stop the problem?

·
Super Moderator
4,343 Posts
The brake master cylinder shares fluid with the clutch hydraulics. If you look through old posts, there have been problems with both the clutch master and slave cylinders. Many members have installed the Deyeme Racing clutch delay delete kit. Does your clutch pedal ever stay dropped?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My clutch pedal never stayed dropped but when the problem occurs the pedal has no resistance in it it feels dead like its not connected. I know about the Dayeme Racing clutch delay eliminator. I was planning on getting it when I get a new clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts