Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So I bought a 2013 Dart limited with the 1.4l turbo, to make a long story short it needs a new engine, and I found a 1.4l from a 2014 fiat 500 manual trans, with 30k for $600 shipped. I know I will need to source mounts and wiring from my existing engine, but this should work right? The VIN identifier is H on both engines, so my thought is they are basically the same aside from the mounts and wiring. I have found quite a few more fiat 1.4l engines at a way better price than darts with less miles, just want to make sure I can do this before a pull the trigger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,
So I bought a 2013 Dart limited with the 1.4l turbo, to make a long story short it needs a new engine, and I found a 1.4l from a 2014 fiat 500 manual trans, with 30k for $600 shipped. I know I will need to source mounts and wiring from my existing engine, but this should work right? The VIN identifier is H on both engines, so my thought is they are basically the same aside from the mounts and wiring. I have found quite a few more fiat 1.4l engines at a way better price than darts with less miles, just want to make sure I can do this before a pull the trigger.

Hello, we are purchasing a engine from a 2013 Dodge Dart 8th letter of Vin is H we are putting it into a 2013 fiat 500 abarth turbo did this work for you?

·
Super Moderator
3,387 Posts
H 8th letter of the VIN should be a 1.4L. It should be the same engine. Some sensor connectors may be different so just swap those. Not sure if the turbo and throttle bodies are the same and you may need to swap those also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
H 8th letter of the VIN should be a 1.4L. It should be the same engine. Some sensor connectors may be different so just swap those. Not sure if the turbo and throttle bodies are the same and you may need to swap those also.
has anyone put the Dodge Dart motor in a fiat?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts