Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 dodge dart rallye 1.4t
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry its a long post in March of 2020 I bought a used 2014 dart 1.4 with manual trans from the beginning i had ignition coil issues started with cylinder 1 then cylinder 2 then cylinder 1 went out changed it cylinder 2 went out again this was in about a 2 week period so I spent the money and bought all 4 ngk worked fine till last week I was on my way to work driving 60 heard a ping noise when I accelerate to pass some one let off the pedal a little it was fine got about 1 mile from work out of nowhere horrific surging like and could not go over 30 threw a code for cylinder 4 misfire and a u code for abs changed out ignition coil after work cleared my codes and started it up ran super ruff and white smoking still check engine light came on again but now says multiple misfire changed out all of them and 2 spark plugs and still not running not sure what to do some one told me the turbo is bad and some eles told me pistions I have looked everywhere and the only place I can find pistion crankshaft or head is dealer only most likely short block headed my way any advice would help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Supreme. Was able to finally do a compression test cylinder 2 was 0 psi cylinder 3 had 6 psi cylinder 4 had 60 and i did not bother with cylinder 1. Also when I took cylinder 2 spark out the end of it was melted off the piston did not slap it so i thought I was good then looked in with a scope and cylinder 2 looked like it had a hole scope was a little dirty. So from what I found out with more searching the only place you can get a new piston, head, or crankshaft is threw dealer only and you have to buy the short or long block short block is 1500 plus tax and core and long block was 500 more plus tax and core. They guy told me that as long as the fiat 500 has the same vin code which is H that the parts are interchangeable but it would have to be a used motor with unknown condition and miles. Sorry it took so long to reply

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What grade of gas were you running?
Took an endoscope to cylinder 2,3 and 4 no holes on postions that I can see but dud find oil in cylinder 2 and you can tell cylinder 3,4 had some and it got to hot and burn off so its leading me to think my head is bad and possibly an injectior being that the smell of gas in the oil was way beyond what it should be

1 - 4 of 4 Posts