Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2013 Avenger? So glad I had purchased a Dart!

I took my dart in for some routine maintenance today (almost 10k miles now!) and my dealer loaned me an Avenger for the day. Everything in that Avenger just felt 'old' and 'cheap' the branding was there on the speedometer and what not but the only thing really nice about it was how it drove and... well frankly the steering wheel. The turn signals had that cheap clicking sound to it and the indicators on the HUD looked like they were from the late 90's. To top it off the AC wasn't working in the Avenger either. I opened the glove compartment to see what model it was, expecting it to be a 2008-2010 model or something, but it was actually a 2013 model!

So perhaps it was the low end model without any bells and whistles (I hope), but sheesh, I was so happy to get back in my Dart when I picked it up, and had a great ride home!!
Dodge and Fiat really outdid themselves with the Dart. I think the term "refined" sums it up well.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Funny, I rented 2013 avenger today, basic model of course, with 11k miles, you know what, I love handling and how it pulls.... but it has terrible interior and pillars, they just cover everything, but handling, omg this is awesome, I wish Dart has the same handling...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Funny, I rented 2013 avenger today, basic model of course, with 11k miles, you know what, I love handling and how it pulls.... but it has terrible interior and pillars, they just cover everything, but handling, omg this is awesome, I wish Dart has the same handling...
Really? I wouldn't have thought that. I feel the Dart's handling is much more composed and "playful" than anything I have driven from Chrysler in the past. My Dart is in the shop right now getting some warranty work done and they stuck me in a 08 Sebring, base model of course, with the 2.7L V6. Engine is decent, I think my Dart is faster, but the suspension is not great. Its not horrible, but not great. Its definitely softer sprung than the Dart, but somehow it doesn't feel as soft. It kinda wallows around, not nearly as composed as the Dart is. And the interior, holy crap... Its night and day between the Dart and Sebring. The Dart is MUCH better than what came from Chrysler in the years of the last gen Sebring.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Really? I wouldn't have thought that. I feel the Dart's handling is much more composed and "playful" than anything I have driven from Chrysler in the past. My Dart is in the shop right now getting some warranty work done and they stuck me in a 08 Sebring, base model of course, with the 2.7L V6. Engine is decent, I think my Dart is faster, but the suspension is not great. Its not horrible, but not great. Its definitely softer sprung than the Dart, but somehow it doesn't feel as soft. It kinda wallows around, not nearly as composed as the Dart is. And the interior, holy crap... Its night and day between the Dart and Sebring. The Dart is MUCH better than what came from Chrysler in the years of the last gen Sebring.
My avenger has strut brace and 2.4, maybe that's why?... And yes, it super soft too, but noticeably better when cornering. I dont know why... And yes, interior sucks, too much cheap plastic, but stock audio is much better, louder and sounds like it has subwoofer (4 speaker system). But overall, Dart is much better

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I drove some '13 Avengers and really liked them. Except for the dated nav and EVIC.

·
Registered
153 Posts
In the several issues I've had with my Dart, I've been loaned Avengers, a 200, a Patriot, and even a T&C. The Avengers and 200 are pretty great in my opinion. A little lower rent inside, but the ride/drive was outstanding with the 2.4. I've seriously considered taking the hit and trading for a 200 S. Obviously not a logical choice. The thought has crossed my mind, though.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
The 2011+ Avengers have a nicer interior than a 2008-2010 Avenger. The 2011+ 200 has a vastly improved interior over the 2008-2010 Sebrings.

And yeah the trim level would make a difference.

But they do lack the new "toys" which is why I haven't bought one yet.

In the several issues I've had with my Dart, I've been loaned Avengers, a 200, a Patriot, and even a T&C. The Avengers and 200 are pretty great in my opinion. A little lower rent inside, but the ride/drive was outstanding with the 2.4. I've seriously considered taking the hit and trading for a 200 S. Obviously not a logical choice. The thought has crossed my mind, though.
The only reason to trade a Dart for a 200S is for the 3.6 Pentastar IMO

·
Registered
843 Posts
My Fiance has a 2009 Avenger sxt. I like it, I has tons of headroom which I lack with the Dart (sunroof). The one thing i love about her car that I wish the Dart had was the beverage heating/cooling cup holders between the seats and a mini cooler above the glovebox. She also has the 2.7L engine which is really nice too.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I too had an Avenger 2013 rental...typically rentals are abused and lower trim packages, tough to judge the car by. I thought it was a nice car but poor visibility. Love my Dart sooo much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.