407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WOOOW! Check this out!

Pretty sweet.

Check out their facebook page: Checkered Performance

And their website!!! Checkered Performance

20180402_103841 (1).jpg

20180402_103900.jpg

Here is a post from their facebook page.

Checkered Performance is proud to present the first Halo Fog Light Ram Air Intake System! Routing fresh cool air right to your CAI or stock intake in style!

Each system includes two fog light bezels with customizable LED halos, easy to follow installation directions and complete wiring for easy Plug 'N Play application.

What are the options?

Fog Light Darts:

Bright High-Quality Dual Color LED Strips that plug directly into the current foglight harness allowing you to switch between colors using the stock foglight switch.

Available in: Red/White, Orange/white, and Blue/White

Non-Fog Light Darts: YES! This system is even available for Non-Fog Light darts!

Bright High-Quality Single Color LED strips that will power on with the ignition.

Available in: White, Red, Orange, Blue

The Halo Fog Light Ram Air Intake System is the perfect way to achieve optimal performance with added style for both Fog Light and Non-Fog Light Darts, without the hefty price of the HPSI Ram Tube, MOPAR Ram Air Duct intakes, aftermarket Fog-light kits, or Oracle Halo kits.

Please Like and Follow our Facebook Page for announcements and product information.

Visit our website by clicking Checkered Performance or the "Shop Now" button on our facebook page!

If you have any questions please comment below or send us a message.

Messages and comments will be answered promptly when within business hours.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like they are having an issue with their websites. The facebook page is working! Please check that for updated information.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wait a second...does this let air through the center of the light???? So i could actually not look like a douche (at least a little less like one) for having one fog light????

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Wait a second...does this let air through the center of the light???? So i could actually not look like a douche (at least a little less like one) for having one fog light????
I would hope that it would use the space on the bezel around the fog light as something of a "ram air" scoop for an intake. My main concern would be that this is really low on the car for an intake, which would increase the risk of sucking in water.

·
Registered
329 Posts
This is true which is likely why they mention getting a pre filter if you have an intake right there though that doesnt cover everything as you can imagine.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Wait... so you're saying that the IAT was 20 degrees below ambient at WOT? You're going to have to explain how you managed that.
The temp sensors are very sensitive. If you have humid 75 degree air at a high velocity, the air will evaporate on the sensor causing it to read a lower temp. Much like blowing on your hand with pursed lips vs open mouth.

The screenshots of the temp differences were at operating temp about 10 minutes in each drive. The WOT at the start of both drives produced the "below ambient temps," however, when we reached 10 minutes into the drive (and the blocks were hot), the Non Halo Fog Light Ram Air Intake system dart was reading 95 degree temps at WOT and 104 degree + at 12% throttle where as the Halo Fog Light Ram Air Intake system dart continued to read WOT temps @ 80 degrees and below and 88 degree temps @ 12% throttle. We also saw even closer to ambient temps in the darts with the system installed as speeds increased and more air was able to flow to the intake.

It's very hard show these differences without real time data, so I'm working on it for you guys. I am still amazed by the difference and I know you guys will be as well.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Light Output w/ the Halo Fog Light Ram Air Intake System

20180413_203817.jpg
20180413_203823.jpg
20180413_203747.jpg
20180413_203909.jpg

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Checkered Performance
12 hrs ·
ALL Checkered Performance Halo Ram Air Intake Systems are now ONLY $139.99 and FREE SHIPPING for the next 20 buyers!

This is an introductory pre-order price and only the next 20 buyers will receive this system at its discounted price!! Discount will be added at checkout!

All previous buyers are included in this introductory price and will receive a refund for the difference.

This system is entirely PLUG N PLAY (all you need is a 10mm and 8mm socket to remove the front bumper.) This system is for all Darts with or without fog lights from the factory! Each kit will be shipped complete and include simple directions for easy installation.
What are the options?

Fog Light Darts:
Complete System that plugs directly into the current foglight harness allowing you to switch between colors using the stock foglight switch.

Available in: Red/White, Orange/white, and Blue/White

Non-Fog Light Darts: YES! This system is even available for Non-Fog Light darts!
Complete System with a custom wiring kit that will power on with the ignition.

Available in: White, Red, Orange, Blue

Be sure to share this with your fellow dart friends. If we do not receive at least 20 orders by May 25th, 2018 all buyers will be refunded and this product will be removed from the market! So order today!

Once 20 orders are received, they will be processed, shipped, and delivered within 4 weeks of the closure of the Pre-Order sale. Customers will receive email updates throughout the entire process.

Please Like and Follow our Facebook Page for announcements and product information.

If you have any questions please comment below or send us a message.

Messages and comments will be answered promptly when within business hours.
Price drop!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Placed an order! Hoping others pre-order so production occurs. I'm excited to finally see an alternative to the stock H-type halogen bulbs. Especially like the led halo design. It will also be interesting to see how the CAI ducting is implemented.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Placed an order! Hoping others pre-order so production occurs. I'm excited to finally see an alternative to the stock H-type halogen bulbs. Especially like the led halo design. It will also be interesting to see how the CAI ducting is implemented.
Yeah, it would be nice to see some actual pictures of the entire product, rather than just pictures of it installed and some low-quality pictures showing the front side. I'm curious what the business end of this "ram air" actually looks like. That would likely be of much more value to the performance-oriented 1.4T modding community than admittedly cool-looking fog lights. So would so good, solid numbers on a 1.4T Dart demonstrating that this product is effective. This looks like it could be an interesting product, but the question is whether it is a serious performance modification or primarily a unique cosmetic mod.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would hope that it would use the space on the bezel around the fog light as something of a "ram air" scoop for an intake. My main concern would be that this is really low on the car for an intake, which would increase the risk of sucking in water.
good question, especially in winter with snowy and slushy roads.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
A year later and nothing. Website isnt even around anymore. I assume this product is vapor ware...

·
Registered
32 Posts
A year later and nothing. Website isnt even around anymore. I assume this product is vapor ware...
I made that assumption after seeing the claimed "performance differences"..... I'm still wondering what the "performance differences" actually were, since none were actually shown. Air temp differences can be the result of driving the car on different days. Doesn't mean the performance of the car changed in any way. That BS alone would prevent me from ever spending the money on it. If you can't show me verifiable torque and horsepower improvements, I immediately assume (as do a LOT of others) that the product has no real benefit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts