Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Dart with the 2.0 engine. Decided to replace the valve cover and spark plug tube gaskets because they leak oil. I didn’t take any reference before photos, though I should have, as I am referring to my alldatadiy subscription. In the illustration I referenced, the 1 is pointing to the stud locations.

So once getting everything torqued I realized that the mounting locations (my photo, circled in red) for an aluminum line running near the valve cover line up with the tops of bolts, not studs, which prevents anything being mounted to them. It seems there should be studs across the front of the engine, unlike what is illustrated in the manual. The mounts on the aluminum tube do not slide, and it doesn’t seem possible to move them over to the studs. Am I missing something here? I don’t want to have to take off the valve cover and replace the gasket again just to switch around some studs and bolts.

·
Premium Member
3,879 Posts
you might be able to see what you are looking for here:

·
Super Moderator
3,378 Posts
The 6 studs do go along the front of the engine and the rear left corner. The FSM pic is wrong. It's something you should have noticed before disassembly. You can take off one stud and one bolt at a time without ruining the gasket seal. To remove a stud, just use two nuts tightened against each other near the top of the stud. I went out to the garage and removed the engine cover and took a pic:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts