Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been trying to clear these codes for months but no one seems know what to do or how to help i replaced the thermostat two times the coolant sensor once I deleted the ags then got a new one installed it a couple minutes ago and the codes still there i got a new air intake sensor but just nervous on doing the wiring and snipping and this is my third time reaching out on the forum to no support if you can help me figure it out or get a clue on what to do next I’ll be forever in your debt. i took pictures of the codes and freeze frames for better understanding

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
It's the wiring if throwing parts at it does nothing. It's not wireless like the internet. The only way things communicate is through the wires. If you don't understand electricity, take it to someone that does.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You aren’t very specific alpine but whatever I’ll just take it to someone else i guess thanks anyways

·
Registered
9 Posts
U0141 is pretty serious. Basically saying the BCM isn't transmitting on the CAN bus. Until that is fixed I would ignore all the other codes. It could be it's unplugged somewhere, but my guess is there's "snipped" wires or otherwise a bad electrical system.

Were you attempting to snip wires instead of replacing the grill shutter assembly?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i did the code says its for the active grille shutter and i just replaced it the wires could be stuff from the accident

·
Registered
73 Posts
U0140 isn't a serious code unless other modules are also reporting a communication failure with the BCM.

General rule of thumb for U codes. If only 1 module is reporting a communication issue, it's unlikely there is a communication issue. If a single module is reporting multiple communication issues, that module may have an issue.

U codes should only be diagnosed, if there's a symptom to justify the code. In most cases, service manuals just direct you to ignore or clear U codes. Worst case, they instruct you to diagnose them only after diagnosing any and all other codes. U codes rarely indicate an actual problem. If BCM functionality appears to be normal, the U-code is most likely a "false positive"....

(Ford's will set U-codes more frequently than they need gas.... Some U-Codes can actually be set simply by turning the ignition on and off too quickly)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts