Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, been doing some digging around and this seems to be like a pretty common issue with this year of dodge. Unfortunately I haven't had too much luck with anyone being able to point out the exact issue.

I remote started my car today, and as I was walking out the remote start aborted. When I got in and closed the door I got the "Service Transmission" message and a check engine light came on. When I'd try to throw it in gear it would say something about unable to place in "x" gear, place in neutral then place in gear.

I turned off the car for 5 minutes, and when I turned it back on only the check engine light was on. I drove it very softly to the autozone to have the code read. Came back with P1CC0. Drove it softly coming back home. Both ways she seemed fine, but would get stuck revving if I let off the gas going down hill.

I am honestly hoping its the SDU that needs replaced as that looks like the only thing at my skill level before taking it to the dealership. I am also going to give them a call because I know that something came in the mail about a recall a couple months ago but cannot find any recall online.

The car is actually my girlfriends and I know she took it in for recall at one point before us dating. But after the dealership worked on it an issue was happening where occasionally when you start it up and shift in gear the light would remain on park, and nothing would happen. If you turned it off and waited about 3 minutes 50% of the time it would allow you to put it in gear. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks
JM

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
If you have a multimeter, you might be able to isolate the problem. If you have the alfaOBD app, the OBDLinkMX bluetooth scanner, and an android device, you should be able to get the pump motor to run.

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM), C635 DDCT / Diagnosis and Testing

P1CC0-00-HYDRAULIC PUMP STUCK OFF

Theory of Operation

This diagnostic checks the performance of the hydraulic pump. The Smart Driver Unit (SDU) which is external to the Transmission Control Module (TCM) drives the hydraulic pump based upon a PWM command signal received from the Transmission Control Module (TCM). This diagnostic uses three feedback signals. The PWM driver, internal to TCM, returns a command feedback signal. The SDU returns to the TCM the hydraulic pump driver feedback signal. The TCM separately receives the hydraulic pump feedback signal confirming the pump state. This diagnostic checks the performance of the hydraulic pump.

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:

•Ignition is on OR the TCM is in power-on
•The engine is not in cranking mode.
•The Hydraulic Pressure Sensor Diagnostics have not failed.
•The Hydraulic Pump Driver feedback diagnostic has not failed.

Set Conditions:

•The TCM command to the hydraulic pump is on and the hydraulic pressure sensor output is not increasing for a calibrated amount of time.

Possible Causes

HYDRAULIC PUMP
HYDRAULIC SYSTEM LEAK
OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE
SMART DRIVE UNIT (SDU)
TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE (TCM)

1.CHECK TO SEE IF DTC P1CC0 IS CURRENT

1. Using the scan tool, read TCM DTCs.

2. Record the Environmental Data and any DTCs.

3. Clear DTCs.

4. Using the recorded Environmental Data, along with the When Monitored and Set Conditions above, operate the vehicle in the conditions that set the DTC.

5. Read TCM DTCs.

Did the DTC reset?

Yes

•Go To 2

No

•Go To 6

2.CHECK THE PUMP OPERATION

1. Check the pump fuse. If fuse is open, repair cause of open fuse.

2. Using the scan tool, actuate the SDU/Electro pump.

Did the Hydraulic pump run?

Yes

•Check the hydraulic system for low fluid level or leaks in accordance with the Service Information.
•Perform the C635 DDCT TRANSMISSION VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM) - Standard Procedure).

No

•Go To 3

3.CHECK THE SDU

1. Turn the ignition off to the lock position.

2. Disconnect the TCM C1 harness connector.

3. Ignition on, engine not running.

4. Measure the voltage of the (T318) circuit on the appropriate terminal of the TCM C1 harness connector.

Was battery voltage measured on the (T318) circuit?

Yes

•Go To 5

No

•Go To 4

4.CHECK THE (T318) CIRCUIT FOR AN OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE

1. Turn the ignition off to the lock position.

2. Disconnect the Smart Drive Unit (SDU) harness connector.

3. Check the (T318) circuit for an open or high resistance.

Was an open or high resistance in the (T318) circuit found?

Yes

•Repair the (T318) circuit for an open.
•Perform the C635 DDCT TRANSMISSION VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM) - Standard Procedure).

No

•Using the schematics as a guide, check the Smart Drive Unit (SDU) pins, terminals, and connectors for corrosion, damage, or terminal push out. Pay particular attention to all power and ground circuits. If no problems are found, replace the SDU in accordance with the Service Information.
•Perform the C635 DDCT VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM) - Standard Procedure).

5.CHECK THE PUMP OPERATION

1. Disconnect the pump motor.

2. Using the scan tool, actuate the SDU/Electro pump.

3. Measure the voltage across the motor harness connector.

Is there battery voltage across the motor harness connector?

Yes

•Replace the hydraulic pump in accordance with the Service Information.

No

•Using the schematics as a guide, check the Smart Drive Unit (SDU) pins, terminals, and connectors for corrosion, damage, or terminal push out. Pay particular attention to all power and ground circuits. If no problems are found, replace the SDU in accordance with the Service Information.
•Perform the C635 DDCT VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM) - Standard Procedure).

6.CHECK THE WIRING AND CONNECTORS

1. The conditions necessary to set this DTC are not present at this time.

2. Using the schematics as a guide, inspect the wiring and connectors specific to this circuit.

3. Wiggle the wires while checking for shorted and open circuits.

4. With the scan tool, check the Event Data to help identify the conditions in which the DTC was set.

Were there any problems found?

Yes

•Repair as necessary.

No

•Test Complete.

·
Premium Member
6,366 Posts
If you have a multimeter, you might be able to isolate the problem. If you have the alfaOBD app, the OBDLinkMX bluetooth scanner, and an android device, you should be able to get the pump motor to run.
The hydraulic pump runs when you unlock the car. It's pretty noticeable. Also, if you let the dealer run the tests above, I'm pretty sure their actual diagnosis will be "You need a new transmission." That seems to be the theme with people who have had hydraulic issues with their DDCT.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hydraulic pump runs when you unlock the car. It's pretty noticeable. Also, if you let the dealer run the tests above, I'm pretty sure their actual diagnosis will be "You need a new transmission." That seems to be the theme with people who have had hydraulic issues with their DDCT.
Ah is that what that hum is? Never knew. Okay well the good news is that sound still happens.

I pulled the battery to clear the code and see if it would come back, but it hasn’t as of yet. Drove it to work this morning, taking it easy on her so we shall see

1 - 4 of 4 Posts