Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen posts from years ago saying that this car was worth modding back then, but what about now? I don’t want to blow my car up and I’m not sure if it’s still worth putting money into. I have the 2013 Limited manual. It’s my first manual and after about 2 months of having it, I would like a little more power. Nothing crazy, but something to make it more fun. My car currently has a little over 130k miles. I am looking at getting a COI, inter cooler pipes, and a better inter cooler. And of course a blowoff for the turbo so it’s louder when I shift. What do you guys think? Still worth getting mods for it?

·
Premium Member
6,424 Posts
I’ve seen posts from years ago saying that this car was worth modding back then, but what about now? I don’t want to blow my car up and I’m not sure if it’s still worth putting money into. I have the 2013 Limited manual. It’s my first manual and after about 2 months of having it, I would like a little more power. Nothing crazy, but something to make it more fun. My car currently has a little over 130k miles. I am looking at getting a COI, inter cooler pipes, and a better inter cooler. And of course a blowoff for the turbo so it’s louder when I shift. What do you guys think? Still worth getting mods for it?
The blowoff valve is just aesthetic and good luck finding an aftermarket intercooler for the Dart in 2021 (does anybody still make one?), but you should consider a CDV (clutch delay valve) delete, lightweight crank pulley, and replacing at least the rear motor mount as your first mods. They won't make the car more powerful, but they will make it way more connected and improve your shift quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The blowoff valve is just aesthetic and good luck finding an aftermarket intercooler for the Dart in 2021 (does anybody still make one?), but you should consider a CDV (clutch delay valve) delete, lightweight crank pulley, and replacing at least the rear motor mount as your first mods. They won't make the car more powerful, but they will make it way more connected and improve your shift quality.
Thanks! I just tried to look and yeah... can’t really find an inter cooler that’s not just a replacement. I can’t find a rear engine mount that is high quality either.

·
Premium Member
6,424 Posts
Thanks! I just tried to look and yeah... can’t really find an inter cooler that’s not just a replacement. I can’t find a rear engine mount that is high quality either.
The only mounts worth installing are from Deyeme Racing:

Just drill down to the Dart and look for "Drivetrain Mount, Rear (DMR)". You have the option of flex, firm, or billet aluminum (basically a solid block of metal with no flex). I have the flex mount. I don't have the manual, but it improves the responsiveness and shift quality for all drivetrains.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm still driving my Daily Driver Dart around modded to hell and back and continue putting money into it. I will say it's a fun little car. Is it going to beat anyone at a drag strip, probably not, but modding it makes it wayyyy more fun to drive.

Mods (I can think of) to-date:
  • Ingen CAI
  • Ingen Hot/Cold Charge Pipes
  • Tork Direct Fit FMIC
  • PTP turbo blanket
  • MPX ported throttle body
  • MPX hood lift strut
  • MPX Catless downpipe (with wideband A/F sensor bung added)
  • Lighter Rims ( ~ 9 lbs less per rim)
  • Wideband and Turbo gauges mounted on A Pillar
  • Mopar Performance Front & Rear brake kit
  • Forge Waste Gate Actuator
  • Eibach front sway bar
  • Progress Rear sway bar
  • GFB turbo Dirverter
  • Forge BOV plate (I know it's not performance, but I love that sound)
  • OBX Cat-back exhaust

almost forgot I'm also running Alpha Romeo Coil packs, Brisk Silver Racing plugs, and the Eurocompulsion Stage 2 tune. (soon to be Ignition Project Performance Coil packs)

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
... almost forgot I'm also running Alpha Romeo Coil packs ...
Where does one purchase Alpha Romeo coil packs? ... I'm pretty sure all of the ALPHA BETA grocery stores closed back in the 1990s. ;)

All joking aside, the ALFA ROMEO 4C (1.75L) coil packs (by BOSCH) are compatible with our Dart's 1.4L MultiAir® Turbo engines ... and are readily available from numerous online parts distributors.

·
Registered
510 Posts
yep sorry triple tasking work + lunch + forum posting hahaha. Alfa romeo :p but those worked better than the stock coil packs now I'm excited for the IP Coil Packs... my wallet was not so much excited.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts