Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple months back, my 2013 dodge dart 1.4l popped up with the infamous p0299 code. took it to a local shop and they said to replace the turbo and everything involved with the turbo. Sooooo we replaced the turbo. after replacing the turbo, we still got the code of death. thinking maybe it was the diverter valve, we replaced it as well. still no luck. shortly after replacing the diverter valve, it started going into limp mode every couple of days or so. normally when going up hill. still thinking it had to do with the diverter valve, we replaced the diverter valve solenoid. still no luck. now it falls into limp mode every time its put under load or boost. we even tried adjusting the wategate as a last ditch effort, but nothing has fixed the issue. I'm starting to run out of ideas and sanity. anyone have any advice?????

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's probably been done, but check for leaks. I had P0299 set my MIL once and it was because the cold pipe had gotten loose. That's probably one of the rarest failures, but it can happen. If you have a leak anywhere, it won't build boost and will set the code.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Turbo needs replacing. 2013 model year turbos have a defect in the internal waste gate poppet that causes them to become lose. Under low boost/high throttle conditions (example, giving it gas uphill at low rpm in 5th) the wastegate doesn't fully close and will fluctuate because of the issue, the ECU will see this and put the car into limp mode.

2014+ models have a redesigned turbo without this issue.

If the turbo you replaced was also from a 2013, you will have the same issue. Modern Performance has the cheapest OEM replacements to my knowledge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we did replace the turbo with one from modern performance. it doesn't have a specified year. it just says 2013-16 dodge dart turbo. so not sure about all that.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
we did replace the turbo with one from modern performance. it doesn't have a specified year. it just says 2013-16 dodge dart turbo. so not sure about all that.
Then you need to replace the boost solenoid.

Sent using a rotary phone

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys my car is doing that same thing where the boost just quits at low rpms in high gears on hills. It's a 2013 1.4 turbo. The car only has 36k on it and I am a college kid without a thousand dollars to spend on a new turbo. I was going to try the solenoid, but cant find one under $150. Do you know where I can get one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having the same issue on and off for 3 years. Engine light will clear on it's own everytime after a few days. Dealer told me without the light on, they couldn't diagnose it and of course now it's out of warranty! I've read most fix this problem with new boost solenoid and or wastegate solenoid. I cannot find either anywhere aftermarket or thru the dealer. Dealer claims not to be listing either part. Help! Where do I find these parts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts