Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I got in my car and fuel gauge showed empty when I New it should be near full. Drove to gas station and fillled up after 2 gallon so gauge was wrong. Started up, gauge went full. Ok, stuck gauges happen. Three miles later got stutter, CEL flashing. Drove to my destination like this. When I started up again was fine. Drove home 6 miles fine. Decided to go to O'Reilly's for code check and P0304 and P1064 showed. C4 misfire and C4 oil supply solenoid valve stuck. I cleares the codes and ran ok for a full day. Took a 30 mile trip -- without CEL until last 1/2 mile, then stutter, CEL flashing....deja vous. I put in a vial of Lucas fuel line cleaner at O'Reilley's auto parts thinking fuel line issue when I checked codes. That's the only action ive taken. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
4,594 Posts
MultiAir solenoid got stuck. Check oil level, maybe change your oil if it's almost time. The misfire could be from the stuck solenoid or maybe a spark plug or coil. Fuel line cleaner probably will not help the stuck solenoid. The solenoid is not a separate part that you can replace. The MultiAir brick is not serviceable so the whole MultiAir brick would need to be replaced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MultiAir solenoid got stuck. Check oil level, maybe change your oil if it's almost time. The misfire could be from the stuck solenoid or maybe a spark plug or coil. Fuel line cleaner probably will not help the stuck solenoid. The solenoid is not a separate part that you can replace. The MultiAir brick is not serviceable so the whole MultiAir brick would need to be replaced.
Oil level is good. Maybe viscosity got thin. It's about due so ill change it. It's at 112k miles and recently had 2x hose leaks. But it's been s good car..so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts