Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks. I've a 2.0 L engine with a 6 speed automatic.
It's currently at 95k and I hope it lasts as long as yours.
Good luck. Take good care of it, and it should take good care of you. Regular maintenance and following the service guides.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My 2.0L with the 6 speed 6f24 trans has about 65000 miles on it. The dealer said I should change the transmission fluid. Have you done yours yet?
Be careful with dealers. Every time I go there they always try to tell me my car needs something when it doesn't.
My transmission fluid has not been changed yet and it still work fine. I will change it when my car reaches 100k because that's what the service manual says.
Always check with an honest local mechanic if your car needs something. Dealers are the worst when it comes to making a profit.

Here is a list of the things I've done to my car:
  • Replaced 2 wheel bearings (one in the front and one in the rear)
  • Replaced radiator fan
  • Changed engine and cabin air filter
  • Put new coolant at 90k miles
  • Replaced countless tires due to them being low profile
As you can see, there is nothing major that I did. Your experience may differ a little depending on how well you take care of your car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Be careful with dealers. Every time I go there they always try to tell me my car needs something when it doesn't.
My transmission fluid has not been changed yet and it still work fine. I will change it when my car reaches 100k because that's what the service manual says.
Always check with an honest local mechanic if your car needs something. Dealers are the worst when it comes to making a profit.

Here is a list of the things I've done to my car:
  • Replaced 2 wheel bearings (one in the front and one in the rear)
  • Replaced radiator fan
  • Changed engine and cabin air filter
  • Put new coolant at 90k miles
  • Replaced countless tires due to them being low profile
As you can see, there is nothing major that I did. Your experience may differ a little depending on how well you take care of your car.
I told em I'd just do it myself, and thanked him for the advice.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts