Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Awesome, quite an accomplishment and quite a bit of driving.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,290 Posts
I see intercooler in your mods list so if this is a 1.4, have you replaced the timing belt/water pump?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see intercooler in your mods list so if this is a 1.4, have you replaced the timing belt/water pump?
I did it at around the 160,000 mile mark. The dealer wanted around $700 for the parts, and approx $2100 for labor for a total of just over $2800. I bought the parts on rockauto.com for around $170, bought the needed coolant at a local auto part store, and took it to a local shop that I trust. They charged me just over $500 for labor, for a total of around $700. Only thing that is different with this belt is, it is only rated for approx 75,000 miles instead of 150,00, but with the cost difference I'll take my chances.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Congrats on the 200K mark! How does it run currently with that many miles on it? Is it a DDCT or manual? 5 Years and 200,000 miles. Your pretty much on track with what I drive I believe. About 3300 miles per months right? I bought my Dart July 31st and have put 13,000 miles on it sense then which comes to roughly 3250 miles per month.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on the 200K mark! How does it run currently with that many miles on it? Is it a DDCT or manual? 5 Years and 200,000 miles. Your pretty much on track with what I drive I believe. About 3300 miles per months right? I bought my Dart July 31st and have put 13,000 miles on it sense then which comes to roughly 3250 miles per month.
it's the manual, and i've had it since Oct of 2012. Just over 6 years. Still drives great for a daily driver. Just keep on doing regular maintenance. Had to recently buy new wheels since one of my stock ones was bent, and it drives way better now. Gonna keep it going till it blows up haha.

I typically put just over 500 miles a week on it now. First couple years of owning it, I was working a bunch of overtime and driving probably 700-800 miles a week. Plus it's been on a few trips where i've put at least 2000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
There's a lot of us who are forced to drive our cars into the ground. I was doing 500 miles a week as well until my job finally moved closer to my home. Until then I was watching the miles pile up and wondering if I'd ever get my Dart paid off before it wore out.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Besides the timing belt replacement, any other major work not covered under the warranty?
Nothing major. Thought I had something once when the Shift Linkage Bushing went bad before I figured that portion out. Thought something in the trans broke, but I was able to get the car home, took the intercooler pipe off, and discovered the bushing was gone. Easy fix, and was able to get the part online.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
My Dodge Dart joined the "200,000 Mile Club" tonight during my commute home (in stop & go traffic):

• Model Year: 2013

• Model: LIMITED

• Engine: 1.4L MultiAir Turbo

• Transmission: FPT C635 6-speed Manual

• Additional Comments: "Trouble-Free" ... Only $$$ out of my pocket has been for normal maintenance & wear items (e.g., oil & filter cartridge changes, cabin filter replacement, K&N air filter clean / recharge, spark plugs, a brake job, & tires) and at 196K, I replaced the clutch disc, pressure plate, flywheel, & clutch release bearing. NOTE: At 61K the turbocharger and the clutch master cylinder were replaced under warranty (i.e., no cost to me ... & I got a free loaner vehicle).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am approaching 170k so I am on my way there. I drive to see family once a month 800 miles and a long commute to work. I will have to remember to grab a pic and post it here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great day my little Dart just broke 221K mile, with this close the Country thing very few miles are being added. I wanted to hit 250K this year it might not happen

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice seeing a couple more darts making it over 200,000. I will hit 240,000 within the next 10 days or so, and should hit 250,000 during the summer. And, to just update, no new major repairs. Just routine maintenance still.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice seeing a couple more darts making it over 200,000. I will hit 240,000 within the next 10 days or so, and should hit 250,000 during the summer. And, to just update, no new major repairs. Just routine maintenance still.
can you share your engine and transmission type?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks. I've a 2.0 L engine with a 6 speed automatic.
It's currently at 95k and I hope it lasts as long as yours.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts